Sufficient score for Grad application

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
bitan0609

Sufficient score for Grad application

Post by bitan0609 »

Hi All,
I have received my ielts score card recently and started biting my nails henceforth.
My exam went bad, especially the reading and writing section where, I h'v scored 6 (only). However, in the other two sections i did better, achieved 8. Now my band score is 7 and I am entirely muddled whether its sufficient for application in European universities where i am aiming for M.S in fall 2014 intake.
Please give me some suggestions because as per most of the universities guideline, they are solely asking for and band score of 6/6.5. But if there are any hidden criteria of sectional cutoff present, which they haven't mentioned in their websites, then its better that i should take ielts once more before applying.
Kindly, consider this request :idea: in priority and post some valuable workarounds asap.

Thank You :)
ieltstimes

Re: Sufficient score for Grad application

Post by ieltstimes »

I think 7 is a good score for university application if the required score mentioned in 6-6.5. Generally, it is just an eligibility criteria, which does not impact the admission decision until and unless it is above the minimum requirement mentioned. Hope this helps!