Could you pls check this out writing task -2 and correct this

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
monir301

Could you pls check this out writing task -2 and correct this

Post by monir301 »

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.

******************************************************************************************************************************
I don’t support them who think fewer languages will make our life easier. Language is not an invention but a combination of culture, tradition, spiritual facts and so on. I think language diversity makes our world balanced and creates eagerness to learn from other languages that makes us intelligent.

Though we are living in the highest point of modern era, different languages don’t create any barrier to communicate with others. For examples- China is almost producing all kinds of equipment, so their market is very outgoing. Interestingly, many importers don’t know China language, despite of this problem, they are using Google translator to convert their massages. So it is not the brilliant idea to change our language and confine ourselves limited. Along with, we can get the different taste to exchange our culture, views and so on through languages. If we need limited range of languages, why in 1952 the people of Bangladesh gave their blood for the sake of Language Movement? This true event implies that holy languages bring harmony and make our life more comfortable.

On the contrary, there are some logical factors that create advocates for limited languages. Since we are living in globalization, we need some common factors- language, culture and so on- that bring unity among us. For example- programming language, it is almost common everywhere. Surely, for faster communication, we need fewer languages, including English and other dominated languages that can be understood by everyone. As far as I am concerned that limited range of languages cannot solve many problems except communication and medical.

Finally, the creator of the world gives us different languages and these are gift for us. I certainly believe that fewer languages in the world create imbalance and make our life more complicated.

*************************************************************************************************************
Could you please tell me the areas where should I improve to get a good score?
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Could you pls check this out writing task -2 and correct this

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

In the first main paragraph, I think you need to remember that most people do not use Google translate for business. Instead they use translators and interpreters. The example of the Language Movement does not prove the argument either way. Holy languages?

In the second paragraph, you say that fewer languages can help solve communication problems. Surely the primary purpose of a language is communication?

There are many examples of poor vocabulary, e.g. China language, different taste, outgoing, living in globalization, dominated languages.

The conclusion that fewer languages would make our lives more complicated is not proven.

All the best,
David