Kindly assess my writing.My target is band 7.5 in writing.Please also mention important mistakes.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Dr.Khurram

Kindly assess my writing.My target is band 7.5 in writing.Please also mention important mistakes.

Post by Dr.Khurram »

The 21st century has begun. What changes do you think this new century will bring?

In today’s world science and technology have profound effects on our life. In this century, there will be noteworthy developments in each and every sector of life, that will produce both positive and negative influences on the way we live. In my opine , there will be tremendous developments in field of medical sciences, cyber-technology and engineering but at the same time there is a great chance of nuclear wars in coming years.
Firstly, in the last few decades, noticeable advancements in the field of computer science and internet, dramatically changed the way we interact and communicate with each other. In the coming years there is a great possibility that modern technology would be used to solve different problems that humanity is encountering these days. Take for instance, these days , many research institutes are working on different medical devices, which would help them to diagnose cancer at very early stage. Moreover ,there is lot of work going on transportation technology such as high speed electric trains and Concorde planes, which if successfully manufactured, will allow us to travel from one part of world to other in merely half an hour. Last but not the least, it would be irrational to not mention the role of E-banking and online shopping websites in our shopping priorities in the near future. Over all, I assent to the consensus that all these aforementioned inventions will positively influence our life in the coming years.
However, overwhelming number of people believe that there is ever increasing threat of nuclear war in the next few decades, because now more and more countries are seeking atomic warfare and also there is great chance that terrorists will acquire these weapons and use them against innocent people. Furthermore, few people also argue that there also increase threat of cyber wars in the coming years.As we are depending more and more on computers and internet in this we are becoming more susceptible to these cyber attacks. This makes it clear that we should prepare ourselves in advance to dealt with all these problems that we are going to face in 21st century.
To conclude, I reiterate that although there are few challenges that this new century will bring for us, but at the same time, there would be many technological advancements that will greatly benefit humanity. It is our responsibility that we should make sure that all these developments can be used for useful purposes.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Kindly assess my writing.My target is band 7.5 in writing.Please also mention important mistakes.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a good essay. The ideas are clear and developed to some extent.

Be a little careful with vocabulary, e.g. irrational, assent. However, generally vocabulary is very good.

A good range of grammatical structures are used and mistakes do not interfere with meaning.

Well done!
David