Nowadays people have less respect for others in society. Share your opinion: please rate!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ramogi

Nowadays people have less respect for others in society. Share your opinion: please rate!

Post by ramogi »

It is certainly true that people nowadays are less tolerant and are losing social values. Automatically, respect for each other is going down. The middle class is on rise and people from same communities pretend to be superior to each other and such ego is one of the causes for the differences.

The reasons for disrespect could be many. Firstly, respect and disrespect these days is based on person’s financial net worth in the market and on how much a person owns rather than on the overall character of the person. People succumb to such wealth and respect the person on top. A weak financial person is looked down upon with disgrace. Secondly, people are following a mad rat race trying to prove themselves better than the next person. Society, at large, is misusing their education and becoming materialistic. The society is creating better professions at the cost of being better individuals. The gap between rich and poor is increasing, leading to a misfit society. Thirdly, social media and films are also to be blamed. While cinemas project such acts as heroic, interactive social media encourages users to speak up/show off what they have, through various platforms which is polluting the young minds with thoughts of winning over each other to win respect of peers inculcating unhealthy competition.

Having said that, I would like to add that people these days are living stressful lives with hollow hearts, and lack true happiness. Even so, people have forgotten the life purpose and live isolated lives. Humour is not accepted in the right spirit and people get offended easily. Competition is not taken in the right spirit. The only way to counter this situation is to have an open heart and accept all and sundry as the way they are and focus on our moral values.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Nowadays people have less respect for others in society. Share your opinion: please rate!

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, quite good. I think that your point about money is good, but when you talk about social media, the argument is not clear to me. I think that there is an argument there to be made.

The organisation of the essay is weak. The main paragraph should be divided according to the arguments being made. The conclusion actually isn't a conclusion. You are making fresh points that need to be made in main paragraphs.

All the best,
David
ramogi

Re: Nowadays people have less respect for others in society. Share your opinion: please rate!

Post by ramogi »

Thank you so much for your time :). I shall try and improve
monir301

Post by monir301 »

Hi,

I would like to share my points, I hope it may help you ....

People have much respect towards others in the society...
parents are teaching their children to show respect others and if they don't like to do that parents often create pressure.
Secondly, we are social, so we have to obey social factors - attitudes, traditions, cultures and so on, therefore, it clear enough we have much respect on others.

Thirdly, sometimes people accused that rich has less respect towards others. I certainly believe that riches also work for the poor to improve their lives. After all, it is our humble duty to show respect for others.

On the other hand, some people in our society who lost their moral values, they have less respect for others. They don't know about themselves. Along with, some people are not social and they have no passion for society. It is easy for them to disobey the rules of the society.
ramogi

Post by ramogi »

Thank you for sharing a different point of view