David, Could you pls check my Work ?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
monir301

David, Could you pls check my Work ?

Post by monir301 »

Every year many languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world
To What extent do you agree or disagree?

It is almost common that languages are dying out. So making our life easier and comfortable, some people are on the behalf of using limited number of languages. I certainly believe that although languages are disappearing, we should use our own languages and keep our traditions and cultures alive.

First of all, in 1952, the people of Bangladesh gave their blood only for a language. Therefore, language that helps us survive easily. If limited number of languages is used, our traditions, cultures will be under threat. It is pertinent to say that there is hardly any man who wants to lose his cultural issues. Secondly, instead of unity, fewer languages will create some disparity. In other words, it is called “Language Supremacy”. Therefore, people could lose their respect on a specific language. Thirdly, those who have less passion about globalization and the local people will be the main victim, if they want to change their mother tongue. So limited number of languages in the world is curse in spite of having some proponents.

However, a group of people thinks that fewer languages in the world would create the equality. Along with, we don’t have to use different language in different countries. Moreover, as we are living in a global village, we can make a common ground for all, for example – using binary (o and 1) in computer that is quite common for all.
After a comprehensive review, it can be said that a society, a nation is the combination of many things. Therefore, it would be unwise use limited number of languages to make our life easier. Last but not least, though languages are dying out, we should give importance to keep alive.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: David, Could you pls check my Work ?

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

A lot of essays by students from a variety of countries and cultures focus on the same aspects when it comes to answering this question. The problem is that arguments tend to be assertions, i.e. they are unsupported and presented as true with no evidence. For example ...
1. If a limited number of languages are used, why does that threaten culture?
2. Why will fewer languages create disparity?
3. Why will people with less passion about globalisation be the victims?
4. Why would fewer languages create equality?
Notice that 2 and 4 are polar opposites - this will need to be explained.

Overall, ideas are not clearly developed and the language used is very limited, e.g. few modals and adverbs of frequency and degree.

Final point - the conclusion is interesting, as every country in the world actually does this. Take India for example. There are many languages in that country but not all are official, even in regions.

All the best,
David