Task 2- argument- learning a foreign language at primary school

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task 2- argument- learning a foreign language at primary school

Post by rairaichan0115 »

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Each country has its own national language. All the citizen will have identical mother language in the same nation. Some professionals have suggested that it is superior for student to commerce studying a second language at elementary institution rather than high school. I personally agree that it is better for pupils should learn a foreign language when they are still primary students. There are two primary reasons for this.

Firstly, it is an undeniable fact that young children are more likely to easy to remember everything than others. They mainly learn language from listening as well as immediately imitate it. Hence, they are easy to pick it up and apply it in their daily life. This copy and paste skills will not work properly when you are getting older. For instance, in Hong Kong, all the schoolchildren have begun to learn three languages since they are kindergarten students. This shows that they are able to use three different languages appropriately without a difficulty. Moreover, although I certainly agree that some students may have difficulties to apply all the languages correctly, they still can address these issues when they continue to learn and use it. Nonetheless, I contend that learning another language in their earlier time is beneficial for them.

Secondly, even more importantly, schoolchildren will not have any hesitation to use another language even they are using it in a wrong way. Most of young children usually attempt to learn something from making mistakes. So they will not be shy when someone amends their errors. On the other hand, teenagers obviously do not want to show their faults to someone by comparison with young children. To illustrate, in the past, Japanese students start to study English when they are junior high school. Their students are usually reluctant to speak English in front of others. Their English skills are lower than other Asian countries. As this shows, elementary students will be less chance to have hesitation of learning a second language along with it can approve that they should begin to study it in primary school rather than secondary school.

By way of conclusion, I once again reconfirm my position that pupils should learn other languages from elementary college. As they can have several advantageous by learning it in their earlier time.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 2- argument- learning a foreign language at primary school

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, quite good, but I think that there are two glaring mistakes. The first is overuse of 'will'. Not everything is so certain! Try using modals to be more precise.

Secondly, the idea that each country has a single language is based on the (completely false!) idea that the people in a country are all one ethnic group. China has people who are native Uighers, Mongolians and Tibetans - to name just three! Then there are the non-Chinese languages on Taiwan. Considering you are from HK and don't seem to know that Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and English are used there is ... well ... worrying.

Use language with precision if you want a high score!

All the best,
David