Task2-arugment- the use of alternative sources of energy

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task2-arugment- the use of alternative sources of energy

Post by rairaichan0115 »

In some countries, the use of alternative sources of energy, such as wind power and solar energy, is increasingly encouraged. Do you think this is a positive or negative trend?

In some developed countries, they are facing a considerable issue with regard to the source of energy. As their traditional resources are getting less and one day it may be used up. Hence, they promote to develop alternative sources of energy such as wind power, water power as well as solar energy instead of the one they used to have. However, there are some disagreements as to whether the overall of effect of these new energy sources has been positive or negative. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, it is felt that the benefit of the use of alternative energy sources far outweighs its drawbacks. The benefits are twofold.

Firstly, it is an undeniable fact that these new energies are environmental energy. They are much cleaner by comparison with the conservative ones. As you are no doubt aware that using the conventional energy such as burning coals or using fossil fuel, which has leaded to a significant environmental problems such as global warming. This makes it clear that it is reasonable for us to consume clean energy rather than detrimental ones. As this shows, our planet can take advantage of using the alternative energy.

Secondly, and even more importantly, these alternative energy sources are renewable and sustainable. They are different from the fossil fuel, coal or nuclear power as they are natural resources along with they can be constantly used. Moreover, although I certainly agree that because of the geographical matter, not all countries are suitable to use these new energies. Nonetheless, I contend that there are numerous merits of consuming these renewable energies to the majority of countries.

In conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that using these natural resources is more pros than cons. Also, I believe that it seems highly advisable for the government to invest more financial incentives to encourage their civilians to use it.
Last edited by rairaichan0115 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task1-arugment- the use of alternative sources of energy

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Basically, not bad, but I don't think that you have really dealt with the question. Constructing solar panels and wind turbines requires a lot of energy and mineral resources. Cost is an issue, as you point out in your conclusion - basically the government has to pay us to use it!

The introduction is a bit of a mess. You say there is disagreement, then say 'it is agreed that'. So is there disagreement or not? How do the benefits outweigh the drawbacks? You give advantages and disadvantages, but how do you know which is more important?

Overall, be careful with phrasing and make sure that you look at arguments in a little more detail, so that they are clearer.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task2-arugment- the use of alternative sources of energy

Post by Flick »

rairaichan0115 wrote:In some countries, the use of alternative sources of energy, such as wind power and solar energy, is increasingly encouraged. Do you think this is a positive or negative trend?

In some developed countries, they are facing a considerable issue with regard to sources of energy. As traditional resources are decreasing and one day may be used up. Hence, they are attempting to develop alternative sources of energy such as wind power, water power and solar energy. However, there are some disagreements as to whether the overall of effect of these new energy sources has been positive or negative. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, it is felt that the benefit of the use of alternative energy sources far outweighs its drawbacks. The benefits are twofold.

Firstly, it is an undeniable fact that these new energies are environmentally friendly. They are much cleaner by comparison with current sources. As you are no doubt aware, using conventional energy such as burning coal or using fossil fuel has led to significant environmental problems such as global warming. This makes it clear that it is better for us to consume clean energy rather than fossil fuels. As this shows, our planet can take advantage of using alternative energy.

Secondly, and even more importantly, these alternative energy sources are renewable and sustainable. They are different from fossil fuel, coal or nuclear power as they are natural resources which can be used indefinitely. Moreover, although I certainly agree that because of the geographical matter, not all countries are suitable to use these new energies, I contend that there are numerous merits of consuming these renewable energies in the majority of countries.

In conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that using these natural resources has more pros than cons. Also, I believe that it seems highly advisable for the government to invest more financial incentives to encourage their civilians to use them.