Task1-cannot continue the part-time course

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task1-cannot continue the part-time course

Post by rairaichan0115 »

You have a full-time job and are also doing a part-time evening course. You now find that you cannot continue the course. Write a letter to the course tutor. In your letter
• describe the situation
• explain why you cannot continue at this time
• say what action you would like to take

Dear Mr. Jones,

I am writing with regard to detain my course. Currently I am taking a Diploma of Marketing Management as a part-time course on every Tuesday and Wednesday. While I have found that the course is incredibly interesting and helpful thus far, I wish to deter this course in this semester. Since I have got a promotion from my company as well as have to join the new training scheme which is provided by my organization.

I would like to retake this course in the next semester. I was wondering, is it possible for me to remain all of my credits which I have done in this term? Consequently, I do not have to repeat all the subjects in the coming semester. Should you have further queries regarding my study plan, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address or phone number provided above. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Jenny Chan
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task1-cannot continue the part-time course

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello again!
Oh, a classic old question - love it!

Defer - not deter

Retain - not remain

Would not - not 'do not'

A very good answer! Well done! Someone's looking for a high score!

All the best,
David