Can someone please review my Letter: 10-OCT

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
shoaibyounis

Can someone please review my Letter: 10-OCT

Post by shoaibyounis »

Topic:

You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
- Explain why you want to take time off work
- Give details of the amount of time you need
- Suggest how your work could be covered while you are away

Response:

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to seek your approval to allow me to have Thursday, 11th October as half day.

I have been invited to attend the monthly parent teacher meeting of my son at his school. The attendance is mandatory because the teachers will be highlighting the short falls of the students.

The duration of the meeting mentioned is between four to five hours, but I believe that it will finish before the allocated time, i.e. two to three hours.

I will be available over phone for any kind of support required during my absence. Also, I will sit extra hours in the office to complete my daily tasks.

I would be highly obliged if you can approve my leave.

Thanking in anticipation.

Yours sincerely,
Marko
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Can someone please review my Letter: 10-OCT

Post by Flick »

shoaibyounis wrote:Topic:

You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
- Explain why you want to take time off work
- Give details of the amount of time you need
- Suggest how your work could be covered while you are away

Response:

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to seek your approval to allow me to have Thursday, 11th October as a half day.

I have been invited to attend the monthly parent teacher meeting at my son's school. Attendance is mandatory because the teachers will be highlighting the short falls of the students.

The duration of the meeting mentioned is between four to five hours, but I believe that it will finish before the allocated time, i.e. two to three hours.

I will be available via phone for any kind of support required during my absence. Also, I will work extra hours in the office to complete my daily tasks.

I would be highly obliged if you can approve my leave.

Thanking in anticipation.

Yours sincerely,
Marko