Complaint letter - Aiming for 8 band

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jaypatel

Complaint letter - Aiming for 8 band

Post by jaypatel »

<b>You read a newspaper advertisement regarding a discount sale at a particular shop. However, when you went to buy the goods you found that sale has ended.
Write a letter to news publisher. In your letter,
- Inform him/her where and when you went to the shop
- What you felt when you came to know that the sale had ended
- Demand compensation for the foods that you wanted to buy</b>

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction about a false advertisement published in your news paper on 30th April 2015. The advertisement talks about a garment shop offering a discount of 50% on all the cloths.

I went to the shop today at around 12PM to buy some jeans and t-shirts for myself. After spending a lot of time in finding the right cloths for me, I reached to the bill desk to pay the money. When I received the bill I was shocked to know that there was no discount offered to me. You can imagine how frustrated I was to discover that the sale was only for few hours in the early morning.

I regret to inform you that I am really disappointed by the ambiguous advertisement you have allowed to publish in your newspapers. There was nowhere mention the timing of the sale and therefore this is clear case of false publication. I demand you to compensate the total sum of 2000 rupees that I have to pay extra. I am also sending copy of this letter to press trust of India and local council. Failing to do so, will force me to take this matter in consumer court.

I look forward to a positive solution for this matter.

Yours faithfully,
Jay Patel