Kindly assess : General writing task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
aujla.kuldeep

Kindly assess : General writing task 1

Post by aujla.kuldeep »

There have been some problems with the public transport in your area recently.

Write a letter to the manager of the public transport company. In your letter
* describe the problem
* explain how these problems are affecting the public
* suggest what changes could be made

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to inform you the problems we are facing with the route and frequency of public buses in our vicinity. It has been observed by me and many other peoples of this area that the routes of public buses are changed from last one week. In addition to this, frequency of the buses is also reduced in morning hours.

Most of the people live here, are working in the centre of the city and are highly dependant on the public buses for commutation. Now, with less number of buses in the morning, it is impossible for us to reach our offices on time. Moreover, changed long routes of the buses makes it even more difficult for us to make it on time. With this arrangement many people are forced to take private taxis which is quite expensive.

You see, the people are unhappy with these new changes. I suggest you to increase the frequency of buses at least if not possible to revert back the routes. I would like you to take our concern on priority and take appropriate actions for the betterment of public.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,