Please help me to evaluate this essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nguyenquanghuy

Please help me to evaluate this essay

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Topic 16:

Only government action can solve housing shortages in big cities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

For a long time, big cities have always attracted a large number of people to come thanks to occupational and educational opportunities. Because of this, the issue of housing shortages has become more and more serious. It is argued that the problem can be solved by only government. I personally agree on this due to following reasons.

The first reason is that the solution for the housing shortage must include several large-scale projects which may be unprofitable for private investors to participate in. For example, many house developing projects in outer suburbs of Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam is one-hundred-percent sponsored by the government in an effort to redistribute the population at the highly-dense city centre. It is a matter of fact that private investors are only attracted by profitable projects; non-profitable ones like the above example should be the responsibility of government. By and large, the government is erected for the interest of the community as a whole, and housing problem is one of inconveniences that it has to be in charge of.

Another reason is that only government has authority to solve the problem. For instance it can require universities to open new campuses outside a city to dissolve the density at the centre. The intervention of the government is apparently necessary to prevent the concentration and congestion at some hot points. Therefore, only government is authorized to stop economic participants from doing certain things which can exacerbate the housing shortage.

As suggested above, due to the unique duty and authority, the government is the only entity being able to solve the housing shortage. Nonetheless, it is recommended that each individual in society contribute efforts to make the process run faster.

Word Count: 285

Please let me know whether this essay deserve a "7" because it is what i am aiming for

Thank you
nguyenquanghuy

Re: Please help me to evaluate this essay

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Any comments please!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please help me to evaluate this essay

Post by Flick »

nguyenquanghuy wrote:Topic 16:

Only government action can solve housing shortages in big cities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

For a long time, big cities have always attracted a large number of people to come thanks to occupational and educational opportunities. Because of this, the issue of housing shortages has become more and more serious. It is argued that the problem can be solved only by the government. I personally agree on this due to the following reasons.

The first reason is that the solution for the housing shortage must include several large-scale projects which may be unprofitable for private investors to participate in. For example, many house development projects in the outer suburbs of Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, is one-hundred-percent sponsored by the government in an effort to redistribute the population of the highly-dense city centre. It is a matter of fact that private investors are only attracted by profitable projects; non-profitable ones like the above example should be the responsibility of government. By and large, the government is elected for the interest of the community as a whole, and the housing problem is one of the inconveniences that it has to be in charge of.

Another reason is that only the government has the authority to solve the problem. For instance, it can require universities to open new campuses outside a city to dissolve the density at the centre. The intervention of the government is apparently necessary to prevent the concentration and congestion at some hot points. Therefore, only the government is authorized to stop economic participants from doing certain things which can exacerbate the housing shortage.

As suggested above, due to unique duty and authority, the government is the only entity able to solve the housing shortage. Nonetheless, it is recommended that each individual in society contribute efforts to make the process run faster.

Word Count: 285