Hi!Please assess my essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tanzhaoxuan

Hi!Please assess my essay

Post by tanzhaoxuan »

Universities should accept equal numbers of men and women in every subject.To what extent do you agree with this statement?
In recent years,the position of women in the society has always been a contentious issue.Women used to be denied of education in the past.This can be clearly seen in the Chinese community in which women were regarded to have a lower status.As twentieth century advances,this brought along some changes in the old mindset.Women experience less gender discrimination in various aspects of their lives.Although a growing number of women graduate from universities around the globe each year,it is evident that some universities have a higher population of male students than the female counterparts in certain subjects.Therefore,some people proposed the idea to allocate equal proportion of places to students in all subjects regardless of their gender.I strongly disagree with this point of view.

First of all,men and women are different in some ways.Generally,men are stronger and muscular whereas women tend to be more caring and sensitive.These personalities distinction between the two genders lead them to show an interest in different fields.For example,majority of the women are drawn towards nursing,teaching and psychology.In reality, many courses are more popular with one gender than the other, thus it would not be practical to aim for equal proportions.

Furthermore,each student has to discover his true vocation in order to reap the fruit of success in the future.Factors such as a person’s upbringing and family background play a pivotal role in influencing one’s choice of profession. For instance,some girls may have difficulty to grasp the Physics concepts and should not be obliged to pursue engineering in university as she might be sidetracked from her studies. Hence,it is crucial for the university to select the best candidate for a course so that he is able to achieve his full potential and reach the pinnacle of his career. In a long run,this can have positive effects in individuals,society and country.

In conclusion,the proportion of male and female students in universities should not be placed such importance.Personally,I believe that a university has the right to assess a candidate’s suitability in terms of his academic credentials ,provided that gender equality is upheld.Otherwise,this will not have the desirable impact on a country’s development.
saqibali

Re: Hi!Please assess my essay

Post by saqibali »

Do you still need to correct this essay?
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148