Hello. Here is a sample essay for task 2. Let me know what y

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
leo593

Hello. Here is a sample essay for task 2. Let me know what y

Post by leo593 »

There is a good deal of evidence that increasing car use is contributing to global warming and having other undesirable effects on people’s health and well-being.
What can be done to discourage people from using their cars?
There is now a general agreement that pollution from cars has a negative effect on people’s health. On obvious example is the increasing number of respiratory diseases such as asthma and lung cancer. Excessive use of personal cars has led to other problems as well, such as traffic congestions and higher rate of road accidents. Although some people believe that cars have brought man benefits to mankind, in my view, people should use their cars less frequently. In this essay, I will outline three ways which people could be encouraged to do so.
Restricting car use by passing new laws is one of the ways to reduce the number of personal cars on the streets. Setting higher taxes for car owners can also act as a deterrent. Limiting the number of hours that personal cars can be used would encourage people to use public transportation. However, governments may be criticized for exerting too much control over people by taking such measures.
Another way to tackle this problem is to raise public awareness about the negative consequences of suing cars. People who are very well-informed are less likely to drive their own cars. Mass media can be very useful in this regard. For example, some TV or radio programs can warn people about health problems related to car pollution. In Vienna, for instance, most citizens ride their bicycles around the city which indicates that they feel responsible about their environment.
Providing alternative means of transportation may be the best way to discourage car use. Increasing bus routes as well as lengthening the hours of their service can be a viable option. Cycle lanes are also a suitable option which can help reduce CO2 emission as well. Expanding subway and monorail system, particularly in metropolitan cities, can encourage people to use public transportation mainly because they are very reliable.
Car use which is one of the contributory factors of global warming is a major problem which should be addressed. Informing people about its negative impact, providing caring citizens with alternatives and taking punitive measures should lessen the adverse effects of car pollution. (350 words)
saqibali

Re: Hello. Here is a sample essay for task 2. Let me know wh

Post by saqibali »

I supposed, its an older post.
Do you still need to correct this essay?
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148