For review, please. Task-I of Ielts GT

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Ali Ehsan

For review, please. Task-I of Ielts GT

Post by Ali Ehsan »

Task:
You purchased electronic equipment online and found it damaged when it arrived. Write a letter of complaint to the manager of the online company. In your letter:
-Describe the product
-Describe the damage
-Explain what you want to happen as a result of this incident

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm disappointed with a tablet which I bought online from your website: Shoponline.com. I am writing this letter to seek a remedy.

Tablet which I bought is the latest model of Google Nexus, currently available in market. Its 2.4 GHZ processor and 2GB Ram, makes it super fast as compared to its predecessors. Moreover it has an added feature of both front and back end cameras. In short, it is worth spending money on the device, if you are fond of watching HD movies and playing games on the go.

I received the tablet with damaged screen, which probably caused during its transportation. In addition, its audio system is not functional.

I would appreciate, if you provide me its replacement with a new one at no cost on urgent basis. In case, I do not receive any reply from your side, I would consider lodging a formal complaint against your company.

Best regards,
Ali Ehsan
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: For review, please. Task-I of Ielts GT

Post by Flick »

Ali Ehsan wrote:Task:
You purchased electronic equipment online and found it damaged when it arrived. Write a letter of complaint to the manager of the online company. In your letter:
-Describe the product
-Describe the damage
-Explain what you want to happen as a result of this incident

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm disappointed with a tablet which I bought online from your website: Shoponline.com. I am writing this letter to seek a remedy.

The tablet I bought is the latest model of Google Nexus currently available. [Its 2.4 GHZ processor and 2GB Ram, makes it super fast as compared to its predecessors. Moreover it has an added feature of both front and back end cameras. In short, it is worth spending money on the device, if you are fond of watching HD movies and playing games on the go. (<--This information is unnecessary - the person you are writing to already knows the product and what it can do.)]

I received the tablet with damaged screen, which probably caused during its transportation. (<--Reword to: "The tablet had a damaged screen when it arrived.") In addition, its audio system is not functional. (<--Reword to: "Also, the audio system does not work.")

I would appreciate, if you provide me its replacement with a new one at no cost on urgent basis. (<--Reword to: "I would like to receive a replacement as soon as possible.") In case, I do not receive any reply from your side, I would consider lodging a formal complaint against your company. (<--Reword to: "If I do not hear from you within the next week, I will lodge a formal complaint against your company.")

Best regards,
Ali Ehsan
Ali Ehsan

Re: For review, please. Task-I of Ielts GT

Post by Ali Ehsan »

Dear Flick,

Thank you for your inputs.

BR,
Ali