For review please, Task-1 of GT

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Ali Ehsan

For review please, Task-1 of GT

Post by Ali Ehsan »

TASK:
You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
*explain why you want to take time off work
*give details of the amount of time you need
*suggest how your work could be covered while you are away

Dear Mr. Irfan,

I am writing this letter to inform you that I shall be away from the office for 30 days with effect from July 28, 2014.

I am taking the leave to attend wedding ceremony of my cousin, who lives in Australia. I have applied for the Australian visa and have called for an interview in Australian embassy on next Monday. Since there is no flight available from here to Islamabad, I need to travel by road, which would take around 12 hours. This makes me leave a little earlier than planned.

I assure you that my office work will not be suffered during the leave period. I will be regularly checking my emails during my stay there. Moreover, you can contact me on my cell phone, in case of emergency. I will let you know about my cell number, once I reach there.

Yours faithfully,
Ali Ehsan
tanzhaoxuan

Re: For review please, Task-1 of GT

Post by tanzhaoxuan »

hI i think it is good but try to avoid too much repetition of I at the beginning of a sentence.Try varied structure.Just a small comment,I think that it should be 'I have been called for an interview'
Ali Ehsan

Re: For review please, Task-1 of GT

Post by Ali Ehsan »

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs.

BR,
Ali