Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vikasggn

Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post by vikasggn »

Although you have never studied computing, you have always been interested in computers. You just read about a computer course that really interests you, but it is only for people who have completed an elementary course.
Write a letter to the college enrolment officer. In your letter
- Explain why you are writing
- Describe your circumstances
- Ask if a special exception can be made for you, so you can enroll in the course.
=========================================================================================================
Dear Sir

I am writing to you to express my strong interest in attending a Programming Course on Java in your esteemed institute. While going through your portal, I understood that the course requires an elementary programming language as a prerequisite. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time to attend both the courses. It would be of immense help if you can exempt me from the elementary course.

To give you a brief background, I am a Gold Medalist in Mathematics from University of Sussex. I have always been interested in computer programming, but circumstantially I could not invest time in this field. My Mathematics fundamentals are very strong and I have got a good grasp of logical programming. With my strong background and willingness to learn, I believe, I can cover up the elementary course at my own.

The reason to accelerate is to voluntarily help my university to update its Web Portal by end of next month.

Please advise if you can consider my case as an exception and allow me to join the advanced course. I assure you that I will do well and will pass with flying colors.

Yours Truly
Reno
devaraj

Re: Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post by devaraj »

I don't have the luxury of time to attend both the courses---> i think this line is not required if you telling them no more time then they won't consider for study in their institute.

With my strong background and willingness to learn, I believe, I can cover up the elementary course at my own. --> I believe, I can --> I think you can remove i believe. "I" repeatation
With my strong background and willingness to learn, I can cover up the elementary course at my own.

Overall good letter writing you will get 7 band. Avoid silly mistake read twice for grammar check after writing your letter writing it will avoid your mistakes. All the best.
vikasggn

Re: Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post by vikasggn »

Thanks Devaraj.

Regards
Vikas.