Wirting task format

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
napster371

Wirting task format

Post by napster371 »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to IELTS, and saw many instructions on Writing task 1 and 2 for GT .
However i am still confused with format of writing task 1 and 2. Can anyone please explain the format of Writing Task 1 & 2 for General Training module.

Format meaning that, for instance if the WT-2 is agree/disagree or its is discussion essay than how many paragraphs should be considered and number of lines in each paragraph should be considered?

Looking forward for the response.

Thanks! :-)
argho1985

Re: Wirting task format

Post by argho1985 »

napster371 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am new to IELTS, and saw many instructions on Writing task 1 and 2 for GT .
However i am still confused with format of writing task 1 and 2. Can anyone please explain the format of Writing Task 1 & 2 for General Training module.

Format meaning that, for instance if the WT-2 is agree/disagree or its is discussion essay than how many paragraphs should be considered and number of lines in each paragraph should be considered?

Looking forward for the response.

Thanks! :-)
Hi,

For task 1: Intro para should be the purpose of letter and then paragraphs explaining what the question is asking.. for example. if question has 3 points which needs to be covered then there should be there para. Closing sentence should be there in the letter.

For task 2: Normally, essay should have 4 paragraphs , first: intro then 2 supporting paragraphs with your reasoning and one conclusion.

All the best

Thanks
Argho
napster371

Re: Wirting task format

Post by napster371 »

hi,

Thanks Argho.

For writing task 2: if the question is Agree/Disagree then the format remains same of 4 para?
1- intro
2- Support question by answer and example
3- Support question by answer and example
4- Conclusion

Thanks,
kunjan