Please check my essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
npr.ielts7

Please check my essay

Post by npr.ielts7 »

Some people think that travel helps gaining knowledge but others think that TV and internet play a important role in gaining knowledge.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Throughout history, people with great knowledge are the most respected in the society. There are many different ways to acquire knowledge. It is argued by many that one gains knowledge only by traveling. However, others are of the view that TV and the internet are good sources of knowledge. Both sides of this argument will be analysed before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

For one, traditionally, travel was the only source of getting knowledge. For example, it would have not been possible for Christopher Columbus to discover the United States of America had he not gone on expedition. And another thing, one can get first hand information about the place by visiting it personally. Because of this, it is clear that the argument in favour of traveling to gain knowledge has extended support.

However, with the advancement of technology, the way to access information has changed drastically. For instance, there are programs on television which give detailed information on any subject. Additionally, there are many websites such as Wikipedia and Google, which store information on a vast range of topics. One can browse these websites or subscribe to a TV program and gain knowledge at leisure time. Thus, it is clear why others are in support of this argument.

In summary, both sides of the argument on means to gain knowledge have strong support. However, after analysing both points of view, I am of the opinion that knowledge cannot be obtained from only one single source. One has to rely on different sources based on the level of interest and information one wants.
IELTS Scores:- BC: (06/07/2013): R-8;L-9;W-6.5;S-6| IDP: (21/09/2013) R-9;L-8.5;W-6.5;S-6.5 | (09/11/2013) ????
yash567blr

Re: Please check my essay

Post by yash567blr »

Similar essay written by me.
Seeing ur content now :)
Yeah. I have missed to add about google,wikipedia.
>>
People use different ways to gather information and knowledge, some might feel that travelling is the best way to gain knowledge. Where as few others may think television and internet are the effective means for information and knowledge. With what I have personally experienced, I feel travelling is more vital in gaining knowledge than any other means.

With travel, we meet new people and socialize with them. We get a chances to listen to their experience and their culture. In addition, we also get to see and sense the things personally in real. This will be a kind of practical knowledge we earn with travelling along with meeting people and making new friends. I would like to explain my personal experience about my work, though I knew our product very well. I really understood the practical application of our product when I had travelled to client site.

However, even medias are equally helpful and informative to know about history, new developments happening around world. Sitting at our home itself, we can gain immense knowledge either by TV programs, documentaries or by browsing through Internet which is a huge knowledge repository. We need to spend lot of time, if we have to gather knowledge by travelling, whereas TV and internet are the cost effective and efficient means to achieve the same in very less time.
Hence, to gain knowledge effectively we must use all different options available to us. But the fun in learning and practical exposures are the add ons with travelling, when compared to TV and internet.

>>>>
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

NPR.IELTS7 .. Your inditing is cool, simple and elegant... I suggest you should try for Band 8 in each buddy.

Here is the crude one which took almost 3 hours to write.

In this contemporary world, people have to build and gain knowledge about various aspects to stay ahead in the race of intelligents.However, it ought to be accepted that learning depends on individuals interest of choice about manifold subjects.Some believe that travelling to places and meeting people can help to gain knowledge.On the other side, some believe that digital media -- internet -- can do the same by overcoming intricacies involved in travelling. This inditing discusses both views before concluding an opinion.

People travelling places in search of literature will definitely help to gain knowledge and experience. Recently, many universities have introduced courses related to Travel literature. Students pursuing the course had to travel in search of autobiographies, ancient writings to prepare a travelogues. Travel writing may also require to interact with locales to understand the manuscripts and for translation. Not only students can benefit from travelling but also individuals or groups who are fascinated to understand about a nation’s culture, traditions, and heritage can also improve their knowledge levels. According to their perception, it clearly represents that travelling definitely fosters knowledge.

On the other hand, using different internet resources and following subjective related television channels helps to boom the state of knowledge. According to a computer professionals, if they had to enhance their knowledge in web development category, then instead of travelling, they believe in searching for the information by using World Wide Web technology. On the other hand, some parents believe that nowadays the television channels are telecasting number of programmes to mention few of them are brain development, Biological sciences and Physics. For example, channels like NGC and Discovery caters various programmes to build their children's knowledge. Moreover, they believe that it helps to reduce the cost incurred for travelling.Thus, it is clear that using Internet and broadcast media in correct direction can help to increase the knowledge levels.

After analysing the above points of views it can be concluded that gaining knowledge by travelling and using Digital or Television media is fairly accepted. However it cannot be denied that gaining something without striving hard is always a pleasure. So, if the information is away from few clicks of buttons then why to invest time and money in travelling. Hence it is believed that using Internet and following TV media programmes can help to gain same level of knowledge, which is gained by traveling.

Total 400 Words.

Regards
Bunni
npr.ielts7

Post by npr.ielts7 »

Hello Bunni,
Thank you for your kind words. Band 8 is very far for me, cannot even get past 6.5 :cry:
bunni015 wrote:NPR.IELTS7 .. Your inditing is cool, simple and elegant... I suggest you should try for Band 8 in each buddy.

Here is the crude one which took almost 3 hours to write.

In this contemporary world, people have to build and gain knowledge about various aspects to stay ahead in the race of intelligents.However, it ought to be accepted that learning depends on individuals interest of choice about manifold subjects.Some believe that travelling to places and meeting people can help to gain knowledge.On the other side, some believe that digital media -- internet -- can do the same by overcoming intricacies involved in travelling. This inditing discusses both views before concluding an opinion.

People travelling places in search of literature will definitely help to gain knowledge and experience. Recently, many universities have introduced courses related to Travel literature. Students pursuing the course had to travel in search of autobiographies, ancient writings to prepare a travelogues. Travel writing may also require to interact with locales to understand the manuscripts and for translation. Not only students can benefit from travelling but also individuals or groups who are fascinated to understand about a nation’s culture, traditions, and heritage can also improve their knowledge levels. According to their perception, it clearly represents that travelling definitely fosters knowledge.

On the other hand, using different internet resources and following subjective related television channels helps to boom the state of knowledge. According to a computer professionals, if they had to enhance their knowledge in web development category, then instead of travelling, they believe in searching for the information by using World Wide Web technology. On the other hand, some parents believe that nowadays the television channels are telecasting number of programmes to mention few of them are brain development, Biological sciences and Physics. For example, channels like NGC and Discovery caters various programmes to build their children's knowledge. Moreover, they believe that it helps to reduce the cost incurred for travelling.Thus, it is clear that using Internet and broadcast media in correct direction can help to increase the knowledge levels.

After analysing the above points of views it can be concluded that gaining knowledge by travelling and using Digital or Television media is fairly accepted. However it cannot be denied that gaining something without striving hard is always a pleasure. So, if the information is away from few clicks of buttons then why to invest time and money in travelling. Hence it is believed that using Internet and following TV media programmes can help to gain same level of knowledge, which is gained by traveling.

Total 400 Words.

Regards
Bunni
IELTS Scores:- BC: (06/07/2013): R-8;L-9;W-6.5;S-6| IDP: (21/09/2013) R-9;L-8.5;W-6.5;S-6.5 | (09/11/2013) ????
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

Traveling has an impact if we see majority of the times and if that is the way how it is all helpful most of the things is a way that appeals to the moment i personally find it decent at a lot.
If we get to be aware of the things like jacksonville to new york city which are so useful for traveling we get a lot of help.