I got my result and i need reading guidelines

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
mahendran

I got my result and i need reading guidelines

Post by mahendran »

hi ryan,

How are you ? hope you are fine.

I discussed a lot through facebook,but you did not respond me.

I have attached my score,please go through my score and give your feed back.

My IELTS Score is L-5,R-4,S-6,W-6.Actually i am worrying on reading task.
But in my listening initially i got wrong answers on 5 questions and
I dont know the actual conditions.I will book on july month again.
Overall - 5.5 score,but i need 6 in each.

FIRST TIME L-6,R-5,S-5,W-6.5 (IDP AUSTRALLIA)
SECOND TIME L-5.5,R-4.5,S-4.5,W-5 (IDP AUSTRALLIA)
THIRD TIME L-5,R-4,S-6,W-6 (BRITISH COUNCIL)

thanks
Mahendran

my skype id is :mahendran.mahendran.2013
Ryan

Re: I got my result and i need reading guidelines

Post by Ryan »

Hi Mahendran,

Thank you for sharing this information. If you are looking for advice regarding how to prepare for the reading section, try tuning into the interviews at ieltscast.com. There are several interviews detailing experiences of tremendous success. Please be proactive while you listen and note the strategies and practice tips that you hear. Experiment with these strategies until you are scoring band 8+ regularly.
mahendran

Post by mahendran »

hi ryan,

Thank you for your information,hence i need more information from you and i need to speak through skype.If you could,I would be happy.

thanks
Mahendran
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Mahendran,

I'm sorry, but I would not be interested to communicate through Skype. Let's solve your problem here. What information are you looking for?
mahendran

Post by mahendran »

hi ryan,

Actually i am confusing mind,i am saying frankly.I joined three different coaching center in southindia.Though I joined I could not get my band score.Actually I am worrying on reading task.My friend suggested me to get good teacher in IELTS.She asked $180 for online class.If you could please help me on reading strategies instead of "IELTS Cast.com".Whether it is pdf form or any document form.And also please suggest me whether I join online class or not.Can you assure me to get my required band in next exam.

Here my last band scores
My IELTS Score is L-5,R-4,S-6,W-6.Actually i am worrying on reading task.
But in my listening initially i got wrong answers on 5 questions and
I dont know the actual conditions.I will book on july month again.
Overall - 5.5 score,but i need 6 in each.

FIRST TIME L-6,R-5,S-5,W-6.5 (IDP AUSTRALLIA)
SECOND TIME L-5.5,R-4.5,S-4.5,W-5 (IDP AUSTRALLIA)
THIRD TIME L-5,R-4,S-6,W-6 (BRITISH COUNCIL)

thanks
Mahendran
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Mahendran,

If you haven't done so already, start a journal that chronicles your studies. Read as much English as you can every day. Engage practice reading exams regularly and under exam like conditions. Note all new language items you come across. Note areas of weakness and push yourself to improve.

Keep in mind that no one can promise you a band. Studying hard and putting into place strategies that have led others to success will position you to perform at your maximum.

You may find my article on IELTS prep helpful: http://ieltsielts.com/more/study-plans/

Good luck,
Ryan
mahendran

Post by mahendran »

hi ryan,

thanks for your suggestions.But I saw your link that it is impossible to spend time 4.0 hrs per day,because I go to work.I will try with go to work.

Can you give time table for working professional.
If you give it is very useful.

My work time is 8.30am to 6.00pm
Daily activities 7.00am to 7.45am
travel time 7.45am to 8.30am and 6.00pm to 6.45pm
relax time 6.45pm to 7.30pm

thanks
Mahendran
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi Mahendran,This is Nicola here..I guess this is not a late reply..can I give you a few suggestions??..try it and you will definitely find a difference.. (1)whatsoever finish ur first passage in the first 15 mins,2nd passage in 20 mins and 3rd in 25 mins while practicing..(2)try to get into practice atleast 20 days before exam,preferably a Cambridge reading material(if you are familiar with that reading passage.i mean if you have done that reading before,find a new Cambridge reading,if you already knew the answers ,there is no point in doing the same over and over again.(3)if you know,your actual reading test is at 10 am,try to do your practice at the same timings for consecutive 20 or 25 days..(4)practising should be exactly like an actual test in a quiet surrounding,with a timer and a pencil n paper with you..you have to finish answering the questions in the answer sheet in the given mins 15-20-25 mins(5)start reading the heading and first para, then you will get an idea what the whole passage is about,then read the first question of each section ,say first question from true/false,first question from fill in thr blanks.. Then read the first para find the answer,when you find an answer underline and put the question number next to it..then read the next question and find the answer do the same..keep in mind,for all the questions given, there will be a precise answer ...there is no guessing in ielts reading..find the answers..It will be hard for the first few days, but you will defensively see a tremendous improvement for sure if you practice..Don't ever practice with same materials,find new books and don't overdo,one reading a day is enough..My last tip is wen you finish your reading practice,you will defenitely count your correct answers right??along with that try to find out your wrong answers...why it is wrong?why it is a true or false? if you take few extra minutes in the first few days...it's normal and it's okay,...keep practicing ...I guarantee, you can score 8 or higher for sure..All the very best for your next exam,if you try my tips I hope you will let me know abt it..Thanks..