Results !

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
nilevol

Results !

Post by nilevol »

Hi All,

I have just joined this site. I am appearing for my exam on 17th of this Month. Though I had an overall score of 7.5 twice, my writing never crossed Band 6. Now I am following Ryan's videos and e books which is of great help

Hope to get the desired Band ( individual 7) this time !! :)

I would love to take up your valuable suggestions and advice

Nilevol
Last edited by nilevol on Fri May 30, 2014 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan

Re: Nilevol from India

Post by Ryan »

Hi Nilevol,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing a bit of background on your situation. How are you feeling about this weekend's exam?
nilevol

Exam got over on May 17!

Post by nilevol »

Hi Ryan,

My exam got over !I would say,it was 'ok' for me.. Not soo great ;)listening used to be a piece of cake for me ,but not this time :( ..for both my earlier attempts I scored 8.5 for listening..but this time it was lil tough.. Reading was really good..very easy comparatively.. Speaking also went well

For writing the essay Topic was "some people say increasing the number of roads is the solution for traffic problem,What is your opinion?
I wrote it in argument essay style..with the thesis saying "It is not agreed that increasing the no.of roads.....traffic problem,with supporting paragraphs discussing solution.

Anyways, from my experience of four attempts I should say results are not predictable based on our judgement on how well we performed in the exam . So lets see..Hoping for the best !! :)
Ryan

Re: Exam got over on May 17!

Post by Ryan »

nilevol wrote: Anyways, from my experience of four attempts I should say results are not predictable based on our judgement on how well we performed in the exam . So lets see..Hoping for the best !! :)
Isn't that the truth. Although centers do what they can to make the testing room a calm place to be, the exam is rarely a relaxing experience. Let's stay positive. I'm sure you did better in listening than you think. Be sure to share the results with us when you get them.
nilevol

Results!

Post by nilevol »

Alright ..My results came ..Overall 7, except for writing!

L- 7
R-7
w 6,5
S- 7
Overall 7

I am wondering why I lost for writing again! I thought I did well this time..Guess I should practice even more ! :) Anyways , lets see how it goes..

Thanks everyone, especially Ryan for the videos and guidance..
shourien

Re: Results !

Post by shourien »

Congrats nilevol. I would say your scores are great.
There is certainly improvement in your writing.
If you feel your Task 2 was good, then I would assume balance would have shifted because of Task 1.
However, both matter if you are aiming at band 7. Hope you had a good letter.
nilevol

Re: Results !

Post by nilevol »

Thanks Shourien !

Letter writing was good as well! ..But doesn't matter now :D .. I am Planning to give it a break for the migration process ! :| cos its the 4th time ,, and also I am kinda moving ahead with some other plan . so as of now NO more IELTS!Im done!.. :o
Ryan

Re: Results!

Post by Ryan »

nilevol wrote:Alright ..My results came ..Overall 7, except for writing!

L- 7
R-7
w 6,5
S- 7
Overall 7

I am wondering why I lost for writing again! I thought I did well this time..Guess I should practice even more ! :) Anyways , lets see how it goes..

Thanks everyone, especially Ryan for the videos and guidance..
Sorry to hear you didn't quite get your straight 7s, nilevol. Don't give up. You will get there eventually.