Task I

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Muxtar

Task I

Post by Muxtar »

The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, alld the marital status of adult Americalls in two of the years

The first chart compares information about the number of marriages and divorces in the USA between 1970 and 2000.Second chart illustrates marital status of adults over two separate years.

It can be clearly seen that marriage rates was higher than divorce over the period shown. It is also noticeable that married cases stood in higher position among other marital status in the USA.

Looking information in more detail, in 1970 the rate of marriage was 2,5 million, while the number of divorce was exactly 1 million. By 1980, Although there was no change in the marriage rates, but divorce had seen 400000 rise. After that time, the number of both divorce and marriage rates decreased steadily and in the year 2000 marriage rates were twice as high as divorce.

Percentage of adults who married was highest, with around 70 per cent in 1970 and 60 per cent in 2000,whereas the number of never married adults were below 20 per cent. Moreover, widow and divorce rates were latest place in marital status of adults in the USA in 1970 and in 2000, with approximately well-under 10 per cent.
Attachments
Academic_IELTS_Writing_task_1_Sample_95.jpg
Academic_IELTS_Writing_task_1_Sample_95.jpg (90.01 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Muxtar

Re: Task I

Post by Muxtar »

Up