Kindely, evaluate my GT writing - task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ysaddiq

Kindely, evaluate my GT writing - task 2

Post by ysaddiq »

Some people believe that violence on television and in computer games has a damaging effect on the society. Others deny that these factors have any significant influence on people's behaviour. What is your opinion?

Nowadays, media contents and electronic games are in major increase and producers/creators are gaining a great amount of skills in a ways to attract various kind of audiences whether the young or the old generation. As a result people tend to spend more times of their daily routine watching tv or playing games. Some people believes that this new trend might leads to a severe damage to the natural values of the society. While others think that this has nothing to do with the changes we observe in individual’s behaviour. firstly we will discuss the opinion of those who’s with that the media has a damaging effect and later on we’ll take those who’s against this opinion.

On the first hand, those who are with that the media has damaging effect strongly believe that people usually copy what they see on tv. For instance, last while i was in downtown i saw couple of middle aged men using their cars to drift in the middle of a crowded street. later on i found that they are big fan of a car drifting movie. consequently, this kind of action could lead into harming people’s lives and properties. its quite obvious why many people see the media and video games as damaging tool.

however, the above view is not supported by everyone. Many see that individuals are quite responsible of their behaviour regardless what they see in the media or the video games. in other words, killing is depicted in some games as a normal act of some actors in certain kind of scenes, however its hard to find individuals committing such an act. Thus, people have the ability to decide what’s good and what’s is an unacceptable in the social norm. its clear why some believe that individual has power upon their acts.

Taking everything into consideration media and video games could be a damaging tool of individuals who can’t have a control upon their actions and feelings. Personally, i think media has a lot of damaging effects but also could promote the good values in society. its recommended for the above reasons that media/video games creators to work with psychologists to promote good values in their contents.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Kindely, evaluate my GT writing - task 2

Post by Flick »

ysaddiq wrote:Some people believe that violence on television and in computer games has a damaging effect on the society. Others deny that these factors have any significant influence on people's behaviour. What is your opinion?

Nowadays, media content and electronic games are increasing in popularity and producers/creators are gaining a great amount of skills in ways to attract various audiences, both young and old. As a result, people tend to spend more of their daily routine watching tv or playing games. Some people believe that this new trend might lead to severe damage to the natural values of the society, while others think that this has nothing to do with the changes we observe in an individual’s behaviour. Firstly, we will discuss the opinion of those who feel that the media has a damaging effect, and later on we’ll consider those who oppose this opinion.

On the one hand, those who believe the media has a damaging effect strongly believe that people usually copy what they see on tv. For instance, recently I saw a couple of middle aged men using their cars to drift in the middle of a crowded street. Later on, Ifound that they are big fans of a car drifting movie. Consequently, this kind of action could lead to harming people and property. It is quite obvious why many people see the media and video games as a damaging tool.

However, the above view is not supported by everyone. Many feel that individuals are responsible for their own behaviour regardless of what they see in the media or video games. In other words, killing is depicted in some games as a normal act, however it's hard to find individuals committing such an act. Thus, people have the ability to decide what’s good and what is unacceptable in the social norm. It is clear why some believe that individual has power upon their acts.(<--I don't understand this sentence.)

Taking everything into consideration, media and video games could be a damaging tool for individuals who can’t control their actions and feelings. Personally, I think media has a lot of damaging effects but also could promote good values in society. It is recommended for the above reasons that media and video game creators work with psychologists to promote good values in their content.