Please comment on my Essay and give me feedback

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Ali Ehsan

Please comment on my Essay and give me feedback

Post by Ali Ehsan »

Task
In some countries, people spend a lot of money on their pets. They buy special foods for their cats or dogs, buy them toys and often pay high fees for medical treatment.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a pet? Do people spend too much money on pets?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge.

Keeping animals as pets is a practice largely followed in some parts of the world since centuries. Although it is expensive to keep pets, but people are willing to spend money on them for several reasons. Apart from having several benefits, there are also some drawbacks of keeping pets. Both aspects of having pets will be discussed in this essay.

On the first hand, people often find pets as their true companions and have emotional attachment with them. For example, my cousin use to share his sorrow with a cat and she tends to respond equally to his feelings. This makes him feel relaxed in distress situations. Also, some people keep animals such as dog for security of their home. On the basis of above facts, it is clear that pets give their owners good return on the investment.

On the other hand, there are several disadvantages of having pets. Some people believe that it is too dangerous to keep animals such as dog. Very often, people become prey of dog bite. Others argue that it is not hygienic to keep pets. For instance, humans may get some contagious diseases from animals if they are not kept clean and properly vaccinated. In order to protect pets, their owners need to treat them with expensive medicines and vaccination.

It is true that people spend a lot on their pets. Spending money on pets is justified or not is still debatable; both advocates and critics have plenty of arguments in support of their views. After comparing the advantages and disadvantages of having pets, it is agreed that spending money on pets is justified.
Johnson zhang

Re: Please comment on my Essay and give me feedback

Post by Johnson zhang »

Keeping animals - adopting a pet
since centuries - since centuries ago or for a long time

In many culture, living with a pet is a lovely and popular thing to do. However, looking after pets are not cheap with their pricey pet food and medical care. Many families'' domestic expenditure on their pets are often huge considering the portion they spend on themselves. Despite of the low points for owing a pet, many still love to own a pet for the good bits.

Owning a pet is a wonderful thing to do.....

On the other hand, living with a pet can be a frustrating experience....

My own intro. I am not saying mine is better though.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.