Please help me assessing my writing task 1(Talk of the town)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vikasggn

Please help me assessing my writing task 1(Talk of the town)

Post by vikasggn »

You have a Facebook friend living in another country and s/he is curious to learn about a major news item in your country.
Write a letter to your Facebook friend. In your letter
• Describe a news story in your country
• Explain why people are interested in it
• Say how the story personally relates to you
=========================================================================================================

Dear Samuel

Thanks for your late night Facebook comment around recent general elections in India. It’s indeed the talk of the town these days and you could easily sense the excitement of Indian masses.

People have just gone crazy to know the results of these elections and reason is quite obvious. One of our national parties is continuously ruling us for last 15 years and there are some important learning with the people. Worst in terms of corruption, inflation, scandals and safety concerns has already happened over these years. Everyone is now looking forward for a change from incumbent and have already started idolizing the main opposition party.

Personally, I will be more than happy if the new party comes into power and do some reforms in regulating the real estate sector. I have been planning to get an apartment for last few years, but this non-regulated market and sky touching prices are pushing me back. You would not believe the prices of real estate in my city have increased by 300% in last 5 years and there’s still no control on prices.

I hope the new government will take some stern steps in curbing the corruption and money laundering and would help to regulate this important sector. This would certainly help driving better circulation of money in primary market and thus boosting our overall economy.

Cheers
Jamie
saqibali

Re: Please help me assessing my writing task 1(Talk of the t

Post by saqibali »

I supposed, its an older post.
Do you still need to correct this essay?
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148