Hi, everyone, i am new here. Can any one score my task 2 ?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jeffzhou

Hi, everyone, i am new here. Can any one score my task 2 ?

Post by jeffzhou »

Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Do the advantages of this method of learning outweigh its disadvantages?

How to study better remains questionable to many people. It is quite common these days for students to learn by role, which has been widely used by schools. However, I believe the disadvantages of this phenomenon outweigh the positive results.

Repetitive studying methods would inevitably restrain students from developing their critical thinking skills. Such process will associated with remembering vast amount of knowledge and doing similar questions frequently, which creates a passive studying habit. As time goes by, students may less likely to think actively and may fail to deal with new questions that are beyond course content. Particularly for subjects such as mathematic that a field that can only be mastered through logical thinking.

Students would be demotivated by role learning. A repeating studying process is time consuming and energy consuming. Learners will find such active monotonous that eliminates people’s passions towards education. For example, school boys and girls in some Asian countries, such as China, are required to practice similar questions for hours after finishing schools. Consequently, most of them end up showing a discontentment to schools and homework.

On the other hand, memorizing what people have learnt enables them to make a better achievement in exams. Students will remember what they did wrong and what the key points were, and therefore, they are able to avoid the same errors from being made again. This is why many students perceive this method as their last resort before taking exams.

In conclusion, I believe that studying by rote should be encouraged at a minimal level because it stiffies students thinking skills and discourage them to learn actively.
argho1985

Re: Hi, everyone, i am new here. Can any one score my task 2

Post by argho1985 »

jeffzhou wrote:Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Do the advantages of this method of learning outweigh its disadvantages?

How to study better remains questionable to many people. It is quite common these days for students to learn by role, which has been widely used by schools. However, I believe the disadvantages of this phenomenon outweigh the positive results.

Repetitive studying methods would inevitably restrain students from developing their critical thinking skills. Such process will associated with remembering vast amount of knowledge and doing similar questions frequently, which creates a passive studying habit (Grammar wrong). As time goes by, students may less likely to think actively and may fail to deal with new questions that are beyond course content. Particularly for subjects such as mathematic that a field that can only be mastered through logical thinking ( Re word the sentence.. again grammar mistakes).

Students would be demotivated by role learning. A repeating studying process is time consuming and energy consuming. Learners will find such active monotonous that eliminates people’s passions towards education. For example, school boys and girls in some Asian countries, such as China, are required to practice similar questions for hours after finishing schools. Consequently, most of them end up showing a discontentment to schools and homework.

On the other hand, memorizing what people have learnt enables them to make a better achievement in exams. Students will remember what they did wrong and what the key points were, and therefore, they are able to avoid the same errors from being made again. This is why many students perceive this method as their last resort before taking exams.

In conclusion, I believe that studying by rote should be encouraged at a minimal level because it stiffies students thinking skills and discourage them to learn actively.

Hi,

Some sentences in the essay have grammatical errors. Please re word those.. However usage of words like stiffies in conclusion will make the reader confuse.. As of me, I was not able to understand the meaning.

remaining sounds good..

Thanks
Argho
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

jeffzhou wrote:Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Do the advantages of this method of learning outweigh its disadvantages?

How to study better is an important topic for many people. It is quite common these days for students to learn by rote, a method which is widely used in schools. However, I believe the disadvantages of this method outweigh the positive results.

Repetitive studying methods inevitably prevent students from developing their critical thinking skills. This process of remembering vast amounts of information and repeating similar questions frequently creates a passive studying habit. As time goes by, students may be less likely to think actively and may fail to deal with new questions that are beyond course content. Particularly for subjects such as mathematics, a field that can only be mastered through logical thinking.

Students may be demotivated by rote learning. A repeating studying process is time consuming and energy consuming. Learners will find such an activity monotonous which will in turn eliminate their passion for education. For example, school boys and girls in some Asian countries, such as China, are required to practice similar questions for hours after finishing school. Consequently, most of them end up showing discontentment with school and homework.

On the other hand, memorizing what people have learnt enables them to achieve higher marks in exams. Students will remember what they did wrong and what the key points were, and therefore, they are able to avoid the same errors from being made again. This is why many students perceive this method as their last resort before taking exams.

In conclusion, I believe that studying by rote should be encouraged at a minimal level because it stifles students' thinking skills and discourage them to learn actively.
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

I supposed, its an older post.
Do you still need to correct this essay?
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148