Please Rate My General Task 2 Essay : 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
harshaabba

Please Rate My General Task 2 Essay : 2

Post by harshaabba »

Some people say that self-employment is better than a job in company or an institution. Discuss, what is your opinion? Give reasons to support your answer.

In today's world, many young people dream of becoming entrepreneurs. Self-employment that is running your own business is an interesting and challenging task. This may sound like a dream come true. Some people believe that self-employment is better than working in a company. In my opinion, turning your own business demands special skills, experience, patience and determination. A person should gain these skills before starting his own business.

Self-employment offers many benefits. First and foremost, Working for yourself may sound like a dream come true: setting your own hours, no more dealing with difficult bosses and doing something you love. More freedom in scheduling and performing work. Because someone that a company does not direct "the means and methods" by which they work, they naturally have more freedom in their schedule. Independent contractors are often given work on a project basis and paid upon completion of the work.

In addition, No taxes taken out of payments. The checks that independent contractors receive from clients are typically larger than they would as employees because not taxes are taken out. That doesn’t mean they don’t own taxes but they get more money upfront. Successful entrepreneurs earn huge salaries.

Last but not least, Self-Employment helps you to increase the job satisfaction as a whole. High job satisfaction may lead to improved productivity, decreased turnover, and improved attendance, reduced accidents, less job stress and less unionization.

However, Self-employment carries this much of benefits with the expense of some drawbacks. This requires huge investments, patience and determination. An individual should have good decision making and risk taking abilities to run a business successfully. Then only you will be succeeding around the job what you have started.

Moreover, working in a company offers regular monthly paychecks, various bonuses and incentives . An individual need not worry about taking correct decisions. A salaried job offers sense of security and working for defined number of hours . Working in a company offers excellent opportunity to gain expertise, making good relationships and networks with other employees and saving money for future ventures.

In conclusion, I believe that to master in a field and experience freedom, self-employment is better than working in a company . But an individual should understand the essential requirements for running his own business and should be ready to face the challenges of self-employment. Therefore , before starting own business , one should spend some years in a job to gain experience , gather finances and then a person is ready to pursue his own dreams.
himbehl

Re: Please Rate My General Task 2 Essay : 2

Post by himbehl »

Question - Some people say that self-employment is better than a job in company or an institution. Discuss in your opinion? Give reasons to support your answer.
Answer – Some people generally believe that it is good to do own business than being employed in any company or an institution. I would rather suggest that being employed in a private or government organization is always a better option.
Firstly, in today’s world to establish any business, huge investment of money as well as time is essential. In addition good infrastructure will also increase the budget. On the other hand, there are no such circumstances while doing a service/job, instead a person will get the monthly emoluments and allowances.
Secondly, a lot of manpower will be required to support the whole system that too with some good experienced personnel in their respective field. Furthermore, the employed staff must have good communication skills especially if the business requires marketing. However while on duty or work there are no such type of liabilities.
Finally, the risk factor in self employment is very high. If there are unlimited profits, one day can be of real agony. This will always keep a constant pressure over mind which can further lead to various diseases, for instance my well known friend’s father had gone insane few years back due to the forgery done by a firm while transferring the funds. In contrast, the employed person is free from these type of incidents. He/she has a fix schedule for the whole year along with the record of defined holidays.
Therefore, in view of above facts, it is clear to mention here that it would be beneficial to search different kinds of job in a company or an institution which would definitely help in maintaining physical as well as monetary benefits in human life.
Please comment and correct
hoangnguyen7x

Post by hoangnguyen7x »

Some people say that self-employment is better than a job in company or an institution. Discuss, what is your opinion? Give reasons to support your answer

Ans (practice with two paragraphs):

There are some fascinating features of self-employed jobs that many people aim for. The most obvious advantage is the flexibility of work nature. There is no official working hours, no reporting line and no performance review. A freelance consultant, for instance, is required to deliver products to clients within a deadline only and certainly has much more freedom in working schedule than a bank officer. A related benefit is they can arrange flexible time for family such as attending a school performance by their child. Another strong reason for self-employment is the remuneration is usually much higher than that of a normal employee due to benefit of tax exempt or in case of individual business it is less costly for office and administration overheads.

However, working for oneself often entails huge challenges and perils. Firstly, business owner has to face pressure of business management and responsibility of ratepayer. In the worst but not uncommon case today, the business faces bankruptcy. Another problem of self-employment is work-life balance is hardly well-managed without excellent time management skill. Take the same example, many freelance consultants find themselves exhausted due to working all days and nights. Consequently, the earning is not worth their dedicated time and health issues.
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

I supposed, its an older post.
Do you still need to correct this essay?
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148