Unsuccessful EOR-Ashish- AU- Melbourne-IDP

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
ashish

Unsuccessful EOR-Ashish- AU- Melbourne-IDP

Post by ashish »

Hi all

I am very sad and devastated to see my EOR on 17 may IELTS test - taken at idp melbourne- Au centre.

I had high hopes from this result and it has almost made me more cynical about this test then before.

My result was - writing - 6.5
Speaking - 7.5
Listening - 7.5
Reading - 7.5

Result came after over a 6 weeks period and took too long.

I had applied for EOR on the 30 of May !

One week before I appeared for the IELTS test on 10 may-
My result was - writing -7
Speaking-6
Reading-8
Listening-6.5

EOR - unsuccessful !

Though, it was from the different centre.

I had read a lot on net about successful outcome of EOR ,since I needed only 0.5!

Makes me wonder with exactly same approach - how can I get 7 and then 6.5 in one week ,

Too much to loose here since I have not got the 7 in each module- not happy at all from this short of outcome and treatment from IELTS AUSTRALIA.

No where to go - no where to complain -
They the one gave me the result. And they are the one to remark -- rings the bell!! Anyone !!!

Cheers !
Ashish
Ryan

Re: Unsuccessful EOR-Ashish- AU- Melbourne-IDP

Post by Ryan »

Hi Ashish,

I'm sorry to hear you did not receive the results you need. You are clearly very disappointed at the moment (anyone would be), but please keep in mind that you at least have evidence that band 7+ in each section is possible for you. Don't let your frustration work against you. Push on. In fact, push harder than ever before. Ensure this next attempt gets you the marks that will allow you to overcome the IELTS hurdle forever.

Hang in there.
ashish

Re: Unsuccessful EOR-Ashish- AU- Melbourne-IDP

Post by ashish »

hi Ryan,

i am very glad to see you message. thank you very much for your kind and it shows your really a wonderful person, indeed !
your motivation will surely not go in veins.

it was very busy since couple of days, so i had not logged in here for a while - anyhow.. just to let you know - i sat on saturday, 2 august for my 13th IETLS attempt. the results are due in two next week.

i cannt wait for that come, i must book and sit again.. my visa file is ongoing and i have got till end of the october to produce a result where i have 7 bands in each modules.

i have been constantly engaging with ielts where ever it is possible - at home - at work . in shower - listening radio. in bed- listening to your videos and what not- even though i have been here for over eight years. as they say - you have to enjoy in order to master anything - what your doing.

i had never obtained 7 in writing - but, this year in may - i was awarded 7 in writing - going by your methods of teaching and essays, for example - four para strategy, or , for that matter, intro - background sentence - detailed sentence - thesis and followed by outline..

on saturday - i had very weird experience, one of the marker at RMIT melbourne uni told me its not your english - in writing - its how you write . and i got the hint.. we must understand why they have asked us to write an essay ..

thanks for your support , Ryan
Ashish