urgent

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
kasi

urgent

Post by kasi »

re-checking in writing module
My scores in IELTS are: Listening 8.5;Reading 7.5;Speaking:7.5 and Writing:6

I am thinking of getting my writing paper rechecked. I feel I had done better. I need 7 in writing as iam ok in all the other modules.

Please advice, if anyone has done "writing" paper rechecked and has got score changed by 1 band. I need from 6 to 7.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: urgent

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

kasi wrote:re-checking in writing module

I am thinking of getting my writing paper rechecked. I feel I had done better. I need 7 in writing as iam ok in all the other modules.

Please advice, if anyone has done "writing" paper rechecked and has got score changed by 1 band. I need from 6 to 7.
Is your handwriting clear?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Elise

Post by Elise »

hi,it sounds your writing has been undermarked since you scored 7.5 in speaking

I heard that writing has to be automatically remarked if the gap between speaking and writing is 2 band and more.However,yours is only 1.5 band difference

I have sent for remark for a few times,it did bring up for once in writing,but that was only 0.5 band higher,so I think it's unlikely you will get 1 band higher.

my writing is ok,i scored 7+ for a number of times,would like to be my study partner?

my level is around 7 in speaking,and probably 7.5 overall
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

kasi wrote:re-checking in writing module

Hi Kasi,

If you truly feel your mark does not reflect the performance you gave, then go for it. Grading errors in the IELTS are extremely rare, but they do happen. Keep in mind that if the results of this challenge maintain your band 6 placement, you need to adjust your understanding of what constitutes band 7+ writing.
ritikas06

Post by ritikas06 »

Guys plz suggest which exam should be taken if one has to take ielts in London. .idp or british council? ? I had previously taken idp in india twice..got 7..need 7.5
Now I stay at London. .l'm confused what to opt for this time idp or british council
Plz suggest
pankaj156429

Post by pankaj156429 »

dear team,

I am a new user on this forum and i want to know that being a partial color blind -Red Greed Deficiency, will it create any problem in getting Canadian skilled visa under Mechanical Engg category.

urgent help needed...