Essay task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Rosh

Essay task 2

Post by Rosh »

Ryan could you please evaluate my essay thank you

In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with older people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care. Who should be responsible for our old people? Give reasons.
​The aging process is an inevitable one. As individuals get older there are measures that need to be put in place to ensure that proper care is attained at this phase in life. Opinions differ on who should be responsible for taking care of the old people of a society. Some say it is the government, others believe the off springs of these individuals should be responsible. Both views will be discussed before a reasoned conclusion is formed.
​On one hand, it is believed that people of the working class within a society provide dedicated time and service to a nation‘s government and therefore should be compensated. For example, essential workers such as nurses, police and soldiers provide up to forty years of professional dedication to a nation, giving invaluable service to humanity during emergencies such as wars and disasters often at the expense of not having a family, personal and social life. It is therefore only fitting for the government in appreciation of all this time and commitment to provide a comfortable life for these professionals when old age sets in.
​On the other hand, others believe that the care of the old should be the responsibility of the children of these elderly people. Parents within a family devote time to nurturing, protecting and providing for family members by ensuring that funding is provided towards professional careers and the basic needs of food, clothing and shelter are met. All this is viewed as an investment and therefore all this love and care is expected to be reciprocated in old age.
​In conclusion, after careful analysis of these viewpoints it can be seen that dedicated time and service to the government and the love and devotion given by parents to family members are preparation strategies employed by individuals to ensure that the older phase of life is taken care of. Both views are therefore supported and it is hoped that with all the effort that is put in by individuals during youthful years the required care will be provided during golden years.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Essay task 2

Post by Flick »

Rosh wrote:
In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with olderpeople where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care. Who should be responsible for our old people? Give reasons.

​The aging process is an inevitable one. As individuals get older, there are measures that need to be put in place to ensure that proper care is attained in this phase of life. Opinions differ on who should be responsible for taking care of the old people in society. Some say it is the government, others believe the children of these individuals should be responsible. Both views will be discussed before a reasoned conclusion is formed.
​On one hand, it is believed that, when they were younger, these people provided time and service to a nation and therefore should be compensated. For example, essential workers such as nurses, police and soldiers provide up to forty years of professional dedication to a nation, giving invaluable service to humanity during emergencies such as wars and disasters; often at the expense of not having a family, personal or social life. It is, therefore, only fitting for the government, in appreciation of all this time and commitment, to provide a comfortable life for these professionals when old age sets in.
​On the other hand, others believe that the care of the old should be the responsibility of the children of these elderly people. Parents within a family devote time to nurturing, protecting and providing for family members by ensuring that funding is provided towards professional careers and the basic needs of food, clothing and shelter are met. All this is viewed as an investment, and therefore all this love and care is expected to be reciprocated in old age.
​In conclusion, after careful analysis of these viewpoints, it can be seen that dedicated time and service to the government and the love and devotion given by parents to family members are preparation strategies employed by individuals to ensure that the older phase of life is taken care of. Both views are supported and it is hoped that with all the effort that is put in by individuals during their youngeryears means that the required care will be provided during their golden years.
You address both sides of the issue well, but what is your own opinion?
Rosh

Re: Essay task 2

Post by Rosh »

Thanks again Flick. I was indecisive and therefore chose to agree with both sides. The fact that you asked what my opinion is, I gather I shouldn't have done that or you didn't clearly see that I had agreed with both sides. Could you please let me know which is it? Thanks.