Task i

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Muxtar

Task i

Post by Muxtar »

The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000

The table illustrates data about different types of transportation in UK and figures were given for 1985 and 2000.
It can be clearly seen that car were by far most common type of transport that people preferred to use.It is also noticeable that taxi were latest raw among other various transport.

Looking information in more detail, there are four main type of transportation, car,walking, local bus, train. In 1985, car was used mostly for at approximately 3199 miles, while figures for walking, local bus and train were at nearly 255, 429 and 289 respectively. Average distance in miles travelled per person by car and train increased significantly in the year 2000 ,with a rise of 1600 miles and 77 miles accordingly. but figures for walking and local bus decreased for the same year.

Hovewer, bicycles, long distance bus and taxi services were less common for people to visit places.Distance in miles travelled per person per year for bicycles decreased from 51 in 1985 to approximately 41,while there were obvious growth in the length of miles for long distance bus and taxi. In 2000,figure was three as high as 1985 for taxi. A total amount of miles travelled by UK people witnessed a considerably growth , with precisely 1735 rise of miles.
Attachments
ielts12.jpg
ielts12.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Muxtar

Re: Task i

Post by Muxtar »

Up