Letter of complain (another quicky)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yhjsaber

Letter of complain (another quicky)

Post by yhjsaber »

You have recently made a purchase from the local department store. However, when you arrived home, you found a fault with it. Write a letter to the manager, say what the product is, explain the problem and say what you'd like to be done about it.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to complain about the recent purchase of an aircraft model from your store in the Queen Victoria shopping mall. Please allow me to elaborate on my situation.

Last week, one of my friends recommended to me that I could buy a scaled down A380 model, which I needed for my engineering project, from the famous Gundam Gallery that you own. With the view to finishing my project on time, I went to your shop immediately and bought the one I was looking for, which was pre-assembled and nicely packed.

As I was in a rush, I did not request to examine the condition of the item by opening the container box. As a result, it was unfortunate for me to find that two parts, which were the wing and the landing gear, were not included in the package after I had returned to my school. Consequently, I was not able to punctually hand in my project report which required analytical results from conducting experiment on this specific model.

Therefore, I would like to request you to compensate me by replacing the defected model currently in my possession with a larger and more meticulously assembled one. That way, I could obtain more accurate experimental results in an attempt to convince my supervisor of not marking down my performance.

I look forward to your prompt response

Yours faithfully,
Carlen
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Letter of complain (another quicky)

Post by Flick »

yhjsaber wrote:You have recently made a purchase from the local department store. However, when you arrived home, you found a fault with it. Write a letter to the manager, say what the product is, explain the problem and say what you'd like to be done about it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to complain about the recent purchase of an aircraft model from your store in the Queen Victoria shopping mall. Please allow me to elaborate on my situation.

Last week, one of my friends informed me that I could buy a scaled down A380 model, which I needed for my engineering project, from the famous Gundam Gallery that you own. With the view to finishing my project on time, I went to your shop immediately and bought the one I was looking for, which was pre-assembled and nicely packaged.

As I was in a rush, I did not request to examine the condition of the item by opening the container box. As a result, it was unfortunate for me to find that two parts, the wing and the landing gear, were not included in the package after I had returned to school. Consequently, I was not able to punctually hand in my project report which required analytical results from conducting experiments on this specific model.

Therefore, I would like to request you to compensate me by replacing the defected model currently in my possession with a larger and more meticulously assembled one. That way, I could obtain more accurate experimental results in an attempt to convince my supervisor to not mark down my performance.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours faithfully,
Carlen
You clearly explain the issue and how it has affected you. Your tone is polite but firm. Great job!