IELTS writing Task 2 - Feel Suffocated with 250 words

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
IndianHarry

IELTS writing Task 2 - Feel Suffocated with 250 words

Post by IndianHarry »

Hi there

I find it really hard to not reach 350 words while writing the IELTS essay. I can express briefly but never feel contented when I have to. In an attempt to bring down the word count once I've written an essay I end up harming the overall quality of the essay . I have no time issues as I usually complete the 350 words essay in under 25 minutes. And i feel pretty satisfied with the quality too.

Are there any deductions for straying away from the suggested number of 250 words.
Harry Singh Sra
Skype - harry.5abi
kulwantkaur

Re: IELTS writing Task 2 - Feel Suffocated with 250 words

Post by kulwantkaur »

Go to Ieltsyasi and find the answer.It suggests actually to lengthen up your essay beyond 250 words.I write the same way you do and I guess there is no negative marking for over 250 words.I have never seen in task two that write 250 words ,its at least 250 words.
Ryan

Re: IELTS writing Task 2 - Feel Suffocated with 250 words

Post by Ryan »

Hi Harry,

I wouldn't worry about the response being too long. However, whether your response is long or short, you need to ensure that you are producing quality. When looking at your writing submissions to this forum, I noticed that you tend to babble. You are capable of writing at length and writing with grammatical accuracy, but few of your sentences put forth logical progression and you often leave the reader to draw their own conclusions. A better approach would be to deliver your ideas more concisely and organize them in a manner that leads the reader to a logical conclusion that is based on clear evidence.