ielts exam on 10 may

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
nav

ielts exam on 10 may

Post by nav »

hey everyone! yesterday i joined the forum and my general ielts exam is on 10 of may..... my target is 7 each,m weak in writing,,hope this forum will help me :)
Joe

Re: ielts exam on 10 may

Post by Joe »

Hi Nav,

Welcome to the forum. If you submit an essay here, I (or someone else) will give their feedback. Feel free to check out my blog for free daily IELTS lessons and tips.

Good luck with your exam and I hope you get your band score.

Joe
http://www.ieltschampion.com
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

nav wrote:hey everyone! yesterday i joined the forum and my general ielts exam is on 10 of may..... my target is 7 each,m weak in writing,,hope this forum will help me :)
Hi nav,

Welcome to the community. :)

Have you taken the IELTS before?
nav

Post by nav »

its first attempt and m really tensed... :(
nav

Post by nav »

usually in mock tests i get 5 bands :cry:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi nav,

Let's look closely at your situation: you are currently band 5 and you want to get to band 7 in about 14 days. Unfortunately, this isn't a realistic IELTS goal. I am not saying this to discourage you. I want you to succeed as soon as possible and I do believe you will eventually get to band 7, but it will require many months of intensive study. With a solid preparation schedule and several hundred hours of work, I think late 2014 would be a realistic timeline for your goal. Have a look at my thoughts on developing a solid IELTS study plan: http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1333

Keep pushing, nav! You will get there.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

This first attempt will be a very positive experience, nav. I think it will tell you precisely where you are in your journey. Your mock exams say band 5, so your exam performance will probably be about the same. It will be very helpful to know your writing and speaking bands, though. Please share this information when you receive it and I will help you put together a comprehensive approach for band 7.

Stay positive. :)
nav

Post by nav »

actually sir daily i score 6 or 6.5 bands in writing but in mock tests i got 5 because of my handwriting. in speaking usually i get 6 or 6.5. my reading and listening is better.