G, T1 letter, please kindly review it thank you

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
KenAdelaide

G, T1 letter, please kindly review it thank you

Post by KenAdelaide »

Your local council is considering closing a sports and leisure centre that it runs, in order to save money.
Write a letter to the local council. In your letter
 Give details of how your friends or family use the centre
 Explain why the sports and leisure centre is important for the local community
 Describe the possible effects on local people if the centre closes

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to the potential closure of the sports and leisure centre on Hawker Street, where my friends and I exercise and relax there on a daily basis.

From my perspective, this center is the best place in my living area. My friends and I workout in the gym on the second floor every day. Additionally, the cafe on the third floor is my favourite one, and I usually have my breakfast there.

Furthermore, the centre is very important for the local community, because it benefits people who live in the suburb significantly. First of all, the sports court allows children to easily exercise, helping them maintain good health. Moreover, it is also a good place for friends to meet, where they can enjoy the entertaining facilities such as the cinema.

If the city of Marion council closes the centre, it would adversely affect high numbers of people. Since it is the only sports and leisure centre in Plympton Park, closing it may strongly discourage an individual to exercise. Hence health levels of Plympton Park and surrounding suburbs are likely to dramatically decrease.

I wish the council could reconsider the decision to close the centre and I look forward to hearing good news on this matter in the near future.

Yours faithfully
Yu Hu
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, I appreciate for any suggestions made to this letter, and thank you for your kindly help
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: G, T1 letter, please kindly review it thank you

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Amazing!

David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

KenAdelaide wrote:Your local council is considering closing a sports and leisure centre that it runs, in order to save money.
Write a letter to the local council. In your letter
 Give details of how your friends or family use the centre
 Explain why the sports and leisure centre is important for the local community
 Describe the possible effects on local people if the centre closes

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to the potential closure of the sports and leisure centre on Hawker Street, where my friends and I exercise and relax on a daily basis.

From my perspective, this center is the best place in the community. My friends and I work out in the gym on the second floor every day. Additionally, the cafe on the third floor is my favourite one, and I usually have my breakfast there.

Furthermore, the centre is very important for the local community, because it benefits people who live in the suburb significantly. First of all, the sports court allows children to easily exercise, helping them maintain good health. Moreover, it is also a good place for friends to meet, as they can enjoy the entertaining facilities such as the cinema.

If the city of Marion council closes the centre, it would adversely affect high numbers of people. Since it is the only sports and leisure centre in Plympton Park, closing it may strongly discourage an individual to exercise. Hence health levels of Plympton Park and surrounding suburbs are likely to dramatically decrease.

I wish the council would reconsider the decision to close the centre and I look forward to hearing good news on this matter in the near future.

Yours faithfully
Yu Hu
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great job. Just a couple of notes:
Workout is the noun, work out is the verb.
You have a mix of British-English and American-English spelling. For example, 'center' is American, 'centre' is British. 'Favourite' is British, 'favorite' is American. Both are correct, but it is better to choose one type and stick to it.
KenAdelaide

Post by KenAdelaide »

Thank you for the comments!