Introduction

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
ivan

Introduction

Post by ivan »

Hi All,

My name is Ivan, my purpose here obviously is because of IELTS. I am originally from Malaysia, but I have been living in Australia for the past 5years. Main intention from IELTS is for immigration purposes. I have done IELTS twice previously for Temporary Residency Application, after a long 2 years, sadly, my visa is expiring this end of May. Hence, another application needed to be lodged with a 7 band score for all components.

I am taking the Third IELTS this weekend. I have done the Speaking part, however, it wasn't as pleasant. I was asked with topics that I am most unfamiliar with, of course I did try to get something out of it, but I had a paused for a good 5-10 seconds which is so awkward. I am in doubt that I could get 7 on that, but was hoping the best and try hard enough for my remaining components.

I feel motivated here just by reading other experience with IELTS.

Ivan.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Introduction

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

ivan wrote:Hi All,

My name is Ivan, my purpose here obviously is because of IELTS. I am originally from Malaysia, but I have been living in Australia for the past 5years. Main intention from IELTS is for immigration purposes. I have done IELTS twice previously for Temporary Residency Application, after a long 2 years, sadly, my visa is expiring this end of May. Hence, another application needed to be lodged with a 7 band score for all components.

I am taking the Third IELTS this weekend. I have done the Speaking part, however, it wasn't as pleasant. I was asked with topics that I am most unfamiliar with, of course I did try to get something out of it, but I had a paused for a good 5-10 seconds which is so awkward. I am in doubt that I could get 7 on that, but was hoping the best and try hard enough for my remaining components.

I feel motivated here just by reading other experience with IELTS.

Ivan.
What were your previous grades?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
ivan

Post by ivan »

My previous grade was

L7.5 R6 W6.5 S7.5
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Ivan,

It's very nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing a bit about your experience with the exam. Yes, it can be motivating to read about the successes of others.

If you have a moment, please share what you remember from your latest exam. It helps the community to know what question types they could be asked on the exam.

Perhaps your memory is exaggerating the length of the pauses? It's good that you've picked out a few areas you know need improvement. This will prove helpful should you need to take the exam again.

All the best,
Ryan