Please give likely band on WRITING TASK 2, even opinions. THANKS.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
cescoyin

Please give likely band on WRITING TASK 2, even opinions. THANKS.

Post by cescoyin »

SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT ALL UNIVERSITY STUDENTS SHOULD STUDY WHATEVER THEY LIKE. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO STUDY SUBJECTS THAT WILL BE USEFUL IN THE FUTURE, SUCH AS THOSE RELATED TO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. DISCUSS BOTH THESE VIEWS AND GIVE YOUR OPINION.

Nowadays the wide offer of courses on different subjects, pose many doubts about their effective utility in a student's life. It is argued by many that the type of subject studied should be in-tune with personal preferences, while others believe the this choice should be related to future usefulness, such as science and technology topics.
These two points of views will be analysed following the above order.

It is clear that students more engaged with the object to study would be more interested and curios about that. For instance if more curiosity and interest is posed on the subject, higher marks could be achieved. This example clearly shows how remarkable students are highly passionated about the topic involved.

On the other hand it is believed my many that the only subjects offered by universities should be science and technology related. For example is nowhere more evident than schools and job places that the use of technologies is widespread. This example fortify the idea that a growing demand of technologists and scientists are required to face a raising consumption of hi-tech products.

As it has been seen both views are well justified, on one hand the necessity of an aware choice of subject, related on personal tendency and, on the other hand a more strict student choice based on future technology and science perspectives. Beside any prejudices it is personally believed that a particular career should be chosen upon personal preferences, as it can flourish more likely. It is expected that Universities in future never realised such tremendous restrictions.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please give likely band on WRITING TASK 2, even opinions. THANKS.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Well, the fact that the conclusion is longer than the two main paragraphs immediately tells me that the points are not well-developed.

First main paragraph - Remarkable? Short paragraph. Repetitive.

Second main paragraph - The last sentence is confusing.

The conclusion is confusing too, so overall this is a weak essay with points that are unclear.

All the best,
David
cescoyin

Re: Please give likely band on WRITING TASK 2, even opinions. THANKS.

Post by cescoyin »

Thanks David for your support and comments! I'll try to do my best to improve my essays. Thanks again :)