Task1- thank you your friends

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task1- thank you your friends

Post by rairaichan0115 »

Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends. They have just send you some photos of your holiday.

Write a letter to your friends. In your letter

 Thank them for the photos and for the holiday
 Explain why you didn’t write earlier
 Invite them to come and stay with you

Dear Friends,

I hope this letter finds you all in good health. Thank you for your photos which I received several days before. Also, thank you for all the things you had done to me during my trip. Your care and arrangements had brought me a wonderful and unforgettable memories. In additional, please help me to say thank you for your family to allow me to live in your house and treat me such delicious meals

I would like to apologies you all for later writing a letter to you due to something an emergency came up at home – my grandmother got sick and she had taken to the hospital. She is fine thus far. But she still has to stay in the hospital for a few more days. Therefore, I have to visit her every day as she needs my concern. Although I am so busy since I have come back from my excursion, I would like to invite you all to come to Melbourne during your winter break. I really love to show you the sights here. You can stay in my guest rooms. Well, I think I have to go now. Please do not forget my invitation and hope to see you all soon.

Best Regards,

Jenny
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task1- thank you your friends

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

1. In addition ...
2. I would like to apologise ...
3. due to something of an emergency coming up ...
4. she had to be taken ...
5. I would really love to ...

Overall, a very good letter. Not too many grammar mistakes and none that affect meaning. Very good vocabulary with some colloquial English - good in informal letters.

Well done!

David