Task2-argument- too dependent on computers- my test is in this month, pls help me!!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task2-argument- too dependent on computers- my test is in this month, pls help me!!

Post by rairaichan0115 »

School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.
Do you agree or disagree?

In the contemporary society. The state-of-art technology has brought numerous advantages to people. The computer has become the indispensable part of our daily life. However, it also had created some of issues to our offspring such as it has a negative effect on their reading and writing skills by over-dependent on computers. Some people suggested that educators have to avoid utilizing the computers in the classroom. I personally disagree that discouraging using this technology during the lesson. There are two primary reasons for this.

Firstly, it is an undeniable fact that the computer is not only for leisure activities, but it also assists us to gain variety knowledge around the world. For instance, students can search information by using search engines such as Google. This makes it clear that they can easily access the significant information through the computer without step out from their home and it is incredibly convenient. Moreover, although I certainly agree that not all the information on the net are accurate and it will reduce their skill level of reading or hand writing. As they will spend less time for reading books or writing words by hand. Nonetheless, I contend that employing the computer for studying or working is unavoidable and it is necessary for pupils to learn such techniques from the school.

Secondly, and even more importantly, there are countless educational programs for helping schoolchildren to learn spelling, reading and writing. A particular good salient teaching program is “Reading Eggs”. In Australia, many elementary colleges are using this program for enlightening. It provides a lot of games for educating pupils to learn phoenix, spelling and reading. It makes them to feel much fun on their study. Consequently, students will be more interested in learning by using it. It is obvious from this that they can take advantage of using such technology. In fact, this also assists them in improving their skills.

By way of conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that despite there are some drawbacks of using computers in the lesson, the pros of applying this modern technology is more than its cons. Also, I believe that it seems highly advisable for the government to offer more financial incentives on it.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task2-argument- too dependent on computers- my test is in this month, pls help me!!

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a good essay. Points are generally clear and developed to some extent. Grammar and vocab mistakes do not change meaning and a good range is used.

Well done!
David