Task2-Pros and Cons for availability of public transportation i Major cities

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ahmed.sawan@nsn.com

Task2-Pros and Cons for availability of public transportation i Major cities

Post by ahmed.sawan@nsn.com »

Dear , Can you please review the essay and give me your valuable feedback ?
Thanks in advance

Many people agree that free public transportation should be available in most major cities. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this idea?

In the last decade, there has been a massive rise in using private cars in major cities and that cause a lot of trouble such as congestion, therefore, the availability of public transportation is encouraged to overcome these problems. Personally, I believe that public transportation should be existed in all cities to decrease congestion and emission of carbon dioxide. In this essay I will discuss some pros and cons of existing public transportation.

There are a lot of benefits of public transportation such as saving money.
This is cheaper than owing a private car as in the private car, you need to pay for fuel and maintenance. Moreover public transportation can be faster such as train or plan so you can save time and effort. Also this is safer for traveler using it than driving their own cars so less accidents will be made.

Turing to the other side of the argument, more private cars will be existed in streets to fulfil the needs for citizens and will be a reason for more emission of carbon dioxide. Global warming is a hot topic in the media and the root cause is carbon dioxide because it saves energy and that will cause increasing in temperature. Therefore, the ice polar will be melt. Consequently the sea-level will be increased. Furthermore, congestion will be increased and that will lead to consume more time in traffic jams and more accidents.

In conclusion, there are more advantages for public transportation in big city than disadvantages as it can save money and time. Furthermore, the environment will be cleaner and less traffic jam and that will lead to citizen's satisfaction.
Sawan
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task2-Pros and Cons for availability of public transportation i Major cities

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello Ahmed!

I don't think that you have really understood the question. One of the most important words in the statement is FREE! Also, you have made a major error in using "Turning to other side of the argument ..." since both paragraphs support the same side of the argument.

Overall, a weak answer. Make sure that you pay close attention to the question and answer it rather than just discussing the general topic! Fatal error in IELTS!

All the best,
David
monir301

Re: Task2-Pros and Cons for availability of public transportation i Major cities

Post by monir301 »

Hi,

Really I was taken aback to read your comment. True to say, I did not see the clue.

Thanks a lot .

Have a lovely day