Task1- apologize -damage your friend's house

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task1- apologize -damage your friend's house

Post by rairaichan0115 »

You recently stayed at your friend’s place, to look after the house while he/she is away. You accidentally damaged something in his/her house. Write a letter to your friend and say
- What was the accident?
- When did it happen?
- Suggest how the damage can be fixed.

Dear John,

I hope this letter finds you in a good health and you are having fun for your holiday. I am writing to you to let you know that everything is fine of your house except your television. I had an incident to break your television and I am sincerely to apologize for it. I am prepared to pay for compensating your lost.

Yesterday night, while I was making a cup of coffee, my phone rang. I put my coffee on the top of your TV. During I was talking on the phone, I put on my jacket and by accident my hand pulled the cup down. Hence, the coffee spilled out. I dried it up immediately and attempted to turn it on, however, it does not work.

I am very sorry about it and I hope you can accept my apology. When you come back from your journey, I hope we can go to purchase a new one together or if it does not fit you then could you please let me know how I can compensate to you in other forms.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and hope you can enjoy your holiday.

Best regards,

Jenny Chan
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task1- apologize -damage your friend's house

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello Jenny!

Just a few corrections ...

1. I had an incident during which your television was broken and ...
2. I am prepared to compensate you for this.
3. and attempted to switch the TV on. However ...
4. does not SUIT you
5. compensate you in another way

Overall, a very good letter, despite some mistakes.
All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task1- apologize -damage your friend's house

Post by Flick »

rairaichan0115 wrote:You recently stayed at your friend’s place, to look after the house while he/she is away. You accidentally damaged something in his/her house. Write a letter to your friend and say
- What was the accident?
- When did it happen?
- Suggest how the damage can be fixed.

Dear John,

I hope this letter finds you in a good health and you are having fun on your holiday. I am writing to you to let you know that everything is fine at your house except your television. I had an incident to break your television and I am sincerely to apologize for it.(<--Reword to: "I had an incident and broke your television. I am very sorry.") I am prepared to compensate you for this.

Yesterday night, while I was making a cup of coffee, my phone rang. I put my coffee on the top of your TV. While I was talking on the phone, I put on my jacket and accidentally knocked the cup over. Hence, the coffee spilled out. I cleaned it up immediately and attempted to turn the TV on. However, it did not work.

I am very sorry about it and I hope you can accept my apology. When you come back from your journey, I hope we can go to purchase a new one together or, if this does not suit you, then could you please let me know how I can compensate to you in another way.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and hope you are enjoying your holiday.

Best regards,

Jenny Chan