Please kindly asses my task 2 writing - computer for learning

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rinriera

Please kindly asses my task 2 writing - computer for learning

Post by rinriera »

School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.
Do you agree or disagree?

In modern days, students believed to use computer too much. Adults believe that it can damage children's reading and writing skills. Teacher are told to stop using computer for lectures and teach with conservative method. I personally disagree to this statement due to some reasons.

First of all, reading and writing skills can be enhanced by computer. Internet supports children with more interesting topic to read. This makes children more attentive and focused to reading. For example, the usage of Google to search articles to complete homework. It forces them to read and eventually help to increase the children's reading level. Subsequently, reading more will elevate writing skills too. Children will have various vocabulary and knowledgeable enough to write their essay.

Furthermore, teaching with black board and chalk can not be applied to students anymore. Students will get bored and sleepy during the lectures. By using computer and doing presentation, the classroom's mood will be lighten up by its bright color. Teacher can also use videos to help student's comprehension. With computer-based learning, teacher can also give presentation project to students. To create presentation, students need to read from some websites or books that related to the topic. They also need to write points to help them deliver the presentation. It can also increase speaking level by delivering the presentation.

To conclude, I believe that computer is needed for learning. Computer can make lectures more understandable and interesting. It also enhances student's reading and writing skills as well speaking skills.

(250 words)
amalmx

good job! can you read mine?

Post by amalmx »

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

To define a person’s worth is to judge them on how they appear. Criticism from the mass public is largely based upon how they view a person from the outside. With competition rising every day, the sad reality is that acts such as gratitude and benevolence may not suffice. Instead millions believe if they carry their money on their shoulders, respect will be served on a silver platter.

Firstly, in the 21st century, owning a luxurious house or car causes the public to assume that the person is part of the upper-class society and deems to be much more powerful thus the only way to respond is through respect. As an example, a man may express warm characteristics and another may own the country’s largest company, the obvious reaction would be to neglect the wise man and claim the rich man is of higher standards which leads to an assumption he is a better person altogether.

Moreover, both aspects of a person are very important. However, society has grown to be prejudice and pass judgement based on what they see. For example, sociologists have proven that 70% of the economy has been run by men or women who acquire more wealth than the general public rather than someone who has just been pleasant. This shows that to get to where they need to, it would not be 100% possible unless the background they come from is in some way prestigious.

To conclude, I agree that a person is definitely judged on how they present themselves whether or not they have the qualities of an honourable person. With the demands of modern life, a superficial social status can provide the boost that is needed to get to where we need to.
Last edited by amalmx on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evgenii Rodin

Re: Please kindly asses my task 2 writing - computer for learning

Post by Evgenii Rodin »

"good job! can you read mine?" - Are you kidding or something? The previous essay was rather weak.
amalmx

Post by amalmx »

are you talking about mine?
Evgenii Rodin

Post by Evgenii Rodin »

I am talking about rinriera's essay. As for your essay, you might be punished for using exact percentage points, because these phrases would be treated as "memorised". I can add that your essay should be improved by adding missing commas and correcting your wording.
rinriera

Post by rinriera »

to Evgenii Rodin,
can you please point out things that make my essay weak ? thank you :)
Evgenii Rodin

Post by Evgenii Rodin »

Too many mistakes. Just the first paragraph (the rest is nearly the same).

In modern days, students believed to use computer too much. - grammar
Adults believe that it can damage children's reading and writing skills. - repetition
Teacher are told to stop using computer for lectures and teach with conservative method. - grammar and repetition
I personally disagree to this statement due to some reasons. - word order, preposition, wording, sense

P.S. The word "asses" in your phrase "Please kindly asses..." means something different from "assess"; "asses"="arses".
rinriera

Post by rinriera »

to Evgenii Rodin,

thanks ! I'll make sure to check my grammar next time :)
bssmscng

Post by bssmscng »

Good

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

rinriera wrote:School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.
Do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, students are believed to use computers too much. Adults believe that it can damage children's reading and writing skills. Teachers are told to stop using computers for lectures and instead teach using a more conservative method. I personally disagree with this statement for several reasons.

First of all, reading and writing skills can be enhanced by computer use. The Internet supports children with more interesting topics to read. This makes children more attentive and focused on reading. For example, the use of Google to search for articles to complete homework. It forces them to read and eventually help to increase the childrens' reading level. Subsequently, reading more will elevate writing skills, too. Children will learn various vocabulary and gain enough knowledge to write their essay.

Furthermore, teaching with black board and chalk can not be applied to students anymore. Students will get bored and sleepy during the lectures. By using computers and doing digital presentations, the classroom's mood will be light and attentive. The teacher can also use videos to help comprehension. With computer-based learning, the teacher can also assign presentation projects to students. To create a presentation, students need to read from various websites or books related to the topic. They also need to write points to help them deliver the presentation. It can also increase speaking level during delivery of the presentation.

To conclude, I believe that computers are needed for learning. Computers can make lectures more understandable and interesting. It also enhances student's reading and writing skills as well speaking skills.

(250 words)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: good job! can you read mine?

Post by Flick »

amalmx wrote:A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

To define a person’s worth is to judge them on how they appear. Criticism from the public is largely based upon how they view a person from the outside. With competition increasing every day, the sad reality is that acts such as gratitude and benevolence may not suffice. Instead, millions believe if they carry their money on their shoulders, respect will be served on a silver platter.

Firstly, in the 21st century, owning a luxurious house or car causes the public to assume that the person is part of the upper-class society and deemed to be much more powerful, thus the only way to respond is through respect. As an example, a man may express warm characteristics and another may own the country’s largest company. The obvious reaction would be to neglect the wise man and claim the rich man is of higher standards which leads to an assumption he is a better person altogether.

Moreover, both aspects of a person are very important. However, society has grown to be prejudiced and pass judgement based on what they see. For example, sociologists have proven that 70% of the economy has been run by men or women who acquire more wealth than the general public rather than someone who has just been pleasant. This shows that to get to where they need to, it would not be 100% possible unless the background they come from is in some way prestigious.

To conclude, I agree that a person is definitely judged on how they present themselves, whether or not they have the qualities of an honourable person. With the demands of modern life, a superficial social status can provide the boost that is needed to get to where we want to go.