Task2-celebrities

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jennylfm

Task2-celebrities

Post by jennylfm »

Some people believe that famous people’s support towards international aid organisation draws the attention to the problems, while others think celebrities make the problems less important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Nowadays, a number of celebrities offer their aid to international organisations. Therefore, it is felt by some that their support can benefit to draw the attentions to the problems, while others hold different opinions. This essay will look at both sides before reaching a logical conclusion.

On the one hand, many argue that famous people can make the problems less important. It is mainly because that when celebrities involve supporting these problems, it is more likely for the general public to focus on the celebrities themselves, and choose to ignore these problem. As a result, these problems would be lost people’s attention and become trivial.

However, there are a number of advocators who are in favour of this notion. For one, the celebrities can draw a lot of attentions from the general public as well as the media platform. It is undeniable that it will increase the exposure of these problems when involving with celebrities, which means that these problems can be broadcasted widely with the support from celebrities. Consequently, the attention of these problems will be enhanced increasingly. For instance, the support from the world-known actor Angle Juile to poverty of African makes more people pay attention to the problem and hand out their hands to give help. In addition to this, famous people commonly have numerous followers from around the world. In order to feel closer with their idols, it is very possible for these fans especially for the young generation to clone and copy the behaviours of their idol and take actions to support this problems. Thus, these problems will be noticed and supported owing to the participant of the celebrities.

In conclusion, although it is possible that the problems maybe become less important because of the involvement of celebrities, as far as I am concerned, I believe that the participant and support from famous people can make people notice and attention these problems. Thus, I think that these support actions should be encouraged.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task2-celebrities

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello again, Jenny!

Good introduction - short and neat!
I think you could develop the very interesting point you make in the first main paragraph. An example, perhaps?
In the first paragraph you say that it is more likely that people will focus on the celebrity. In the second you say people will focus on the problem. Which is it?
Clone behaviour?!

Overall, quite good, but I think that some more development and precision with arguments is needed.
All the best,
David