Task1-heating system

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task1-heating system

Post by rairaichan0115 »

You are a student living in a university accommodation. The heating has not worked for some time. Write a letter to the management to complain.

Dear Sir,

My name is Jenny Chan - a recently arrived overseas student currently staying in Unit 5 of Cassowary House. While I have found the facilities here quite satisfactory thus far, I wish to lodge a complaint the university’s heating system. It does not work properly. As you are no doubt, during winter time here is incredibly cold. I am intolerance staying in a place without a heater. However, the heater system does not seem likely to be able to keep the room warm sufficiently. My room is getting cooler and cooler even I had tried to adjust it. I had tried to contact with one of your representatives– Mary, but unfortunately without any success.

It is an urgent issue. As it is affecting on my study. I could not concentrate on my study in such an extremely cold place. I hope you can repair it immediately, otherwise I will pursue to move out. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Jenny Chan
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task1-heating system

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello again!

First a few corrections ...

1. as you are no doubt aware ...
2. I cannot tolerate staying ...
3. colder and colder ...
4. I have tried to contact ...
5. I cannot concentrate ...
6. I will arrange to move out
7. even though I have tried to ...

Overall, a solid letter with all points clearly answered. Good vocabulary and grammar.
Well done!
David