Task2-Mobiles phones and computers

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jennylfm

Task2-Mobiles phones and computers

Post by jennylfm »

Today more and more people are using mobile phones and computers. Thus, people are losing the ability to communicate face to face. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, an increasing number of people are making use of mobile phones and computers to communicate with their friends, and families members and so on. Therefore, it is considered that people’s face-to-face communication abilities is becoming weak due to this. In my opinion, I agree with this notion partly.

To begin with, with the widespread use of mobile phones and computers, people are spending more time to communicate with others via these modern devices, thus, the time of spending of real communication may be reduced owing to this, consequently, their abilities of communication by face to face is likely to become weak. Moreover, in comparison with real communication, it is considerably convenient and flexible for people to do communication with others through mobiles and computers, therefore, numerous people can be unwilling and unhappy to go out and meet with other, as a result, their real communication skills is probably becoming poor.

However, There are a variety of benefits as well. Firstly, there are a number of applications and vivid materials on computers and mobile phones, which teach and guide people how to make their real communication more efficiently and effectively , these applications and techniques are beneficial to promote and improve people’s real communication skills, if they can take advantage of these contents properly. For instance, there are numerous tutorial videos on Youtube regarding to this, people can access and learn them easily by mobile phones and computers then implement into their daily lives. Furthermore,for a number of people who are not good at real communication, it is good practice for them to communicate others via mobile phone and computers, these practical experiences are good for them to communicate with others in real life.

In conclusion, it is true that the abilities of people to communication with others by face to face is affected to become weak and poor owing to the excessive use of mobile phones and computers. However, these modern tools can be very useful to improve people’s real communication skills, if they can be used properly and wisely.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task2-Mobiles phones and computers

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Jenny,
Overall, a good essay. I have to admit that I am one of these people who doesn't see the rise of tech reducing face-to-face communications. I think that most people use the tech to arrange face-to-face meetings. Does being good at using tech communications automatically mean that you will be worse at face-to-face communications? Seems unlikely to me!
Anyway, good vocab and grammar with reasonable ideas.
All the best,
David
jennylfm

Re: Task2-Mobiles phones and computers

Post by jennylfm »

Hello David,

Thanks for your comments, honestly, I feel so delighted and surprised to receive your feedback. It is holiday seasons, I though that you were taking and enjoying your lovely vacations.

Yes, you are right. People can do face-to-face call and talk with their friends and families. I did not think about this point during my planning. it seems that brainstorming is very necessary before writing..

Thanks for your time and effort, really.. Have a good holiday.

Thanks,
Jenny