Kindly assess my writing task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
amiiin

Kindly assess my writing task 2

Post by amiiin »

Q:Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like .Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future ,such as those related to science and technology.
Discuss both these vews and give your opinion .
There is a growing number of people are concerned about higher education in university .What the students should learn causes heated discussion . From my perspective , every learner is able to choose courses they like in addition to several compulsory courses related to future job .
Most students who can attend a college are at least 16yr, which means they have already developed consciousness about their hobbies .If they are given the right to study the subject that they are interested in ,they know how to develop their full potential ,which in turn does great help to their learning .Besides ,every individual has strengths and weakness. Once he or she is forced to study some so-called useful subjects ,some perhaps will lose confidence or even abandon themselves .The process is passive ,definitely the outcome is pessimistic .
There is no 100% perfect major which can guarantee full employment after graduation .Science and technology are popular these years ,perhaps years later art and literature become hotter . S tudents who are only allowed to learn science will be out of work as soon as they graduate .Who will be responsible for this then ? Therefore ,there is no need to oblige students to learn some particular subjects .
However ,there still needs some restrictions in college .Some elementary knowledge related to career is an indispensable course for every student to make sure that they can adapt to society as son as possible .
It’s university’s responsibility that nutures outstanding graduates who can make contributions to the society .Meanwhie ,university should fully respect every individuality to help students realise their dreams instead of ruining .That is the spirit of higher education .
amiiin

Re: Kindly assess my writing task 2

Post by amiiin »

I am going to have tests on December 12th.So nervous because I know I am not well prepared...
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Kindly assess my writing task 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!
Basically, a good essay. I suggest developing the ideas a little by giving more detailed examples, e.g. why might demand for literature grads increase.
I also recommend that you consider how studying one field can help with another field.
Finally, try to use more modal verbs. In this essay, your assertions are reasonable, but in another essay that style might be a weakness. Remember that not everyone is affected by things in the same ways!
All the best,
David