Part 2 essay: First try

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
dnz

Part 2 essay: First try

Post by dnz »

Question: As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. Agree or Disagree...

In recent years, computers have gained a great deal of relevance in many different sections of our daily life. Especially in school and education they have made information more accessable than ever and one could argue that they will soon replace the traditional teacher in the classroom. There are, however, several functions of a classic teacher, that computers likely wont be able to replace in the forseeable future.

When compared to a teacher, one of the most significant advantages of computers is availability. Due to the internet, large parts of human knowledge are only one mouse click away, at any time of the day. And when it comes to actual classes, a course about a certain subject can be recorded once, and then played back any number of times, thus saving time and ressources. This new technology is able to distribute knowledge faster and more efficiently than any single human being would be able to.

However, not all aspects of education are easily achieved by a computer. Especially at early ages, school is not only about academic subjects, but also human behaviour. And this obviously requires the interaction with another human being. Furthermore, there will always be cases where students struggle to understand a certain subject, or concept. Having an actual person at hand, who knows the individual students and can tailor explainations to their needs, will probably be one of the best solutions for this problem, even in the next couple of decades.

In conclusion, I would consider it save to say, that the classic teachers will continue to have their place in education in the comming years. Computers will, no doubt, cause the system to evolve and represent an invaluable asset for future generations of students. The role of the teacher may change over time, however his job will likely remain relevant.

-------------------------------------------------------

... Just about 300 words; I went a bit over the limit. Also I'm german, so a high abundance of commas in inappropriate places is to be expected. This is my very first try and I'm taking the IELTS in ~3 weeks. Therefore I would really appreciate some feedback and tipps on where i can improve the most in this short timeframe.

thx in advance,
best regards, dnz
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Part 2 essay: First try

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi dnz,
Very good essay! The only thing I would like to see is two or three specific examples to illustrate your points. vocabulary and grammar (range and accuracy) are very good!
All the best,
David
dnz

Re: Part 2 essay: First try

Post by dnz »

Ok, I ll try to keep that in mind and also focus on speed... Anyways, Thanks a lot for your assessment, you are really offering an invaluable service here!

best regards, dnz