pls rate my essay: It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ramogi

pls rate my essay: It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be

Post by ramogi »

It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be. Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought closer together

At one point in time in past, people in India used to live together in joint families and the family ties were much stronger even though the resources were few. Though, not in every case we see such discrepancies but in general, this trend is changing. Staying in nuclear families (which means not staying with grandparents) is the new age phenomenon which is increasing day by day in mostly all parts of India.

It is believed that a family that eats together stays together, but considering the fast paced lives we live in, we do not have a lot of time to spend together. Reasons are multiple. The first reason is lack of jobs in our hometowns. It is only the metro cities which offer wide range of jobs as per persons qualifications which forces people to move to other cities and grandparents cannot move everywhere. Second reason is related to work. In most of the cases today, both partners work to run a household and provide better facilities to children which means spending less time with each other in the family which affects the emotional bonding in the family. The third reason is our own high expectations from ourselves in terms of earning more money, having a better lifestyle, exploring the world and peer pressure due to which we overstress ourselves and spend less time with family. Fourth reason is that we want our own privacy. Fifth reason is traffic. If you are living in metro cities, you need to travel for more than 2 hours a day to reach your respective office or home adding up to the number of hours spent outside home.

A family is a most important part of a person’s life; they are the first ones to love you, support you and guide you in every area of life. Once we understand this aspect about family, rest of the things can be taken care of. However far off we stay from family for whatever reasons, if we understand this, the emotional ties will never die. Secondly, if better jobs and better facilities are created within one’s own hometown, not many would relocate. Third, if there are more opportunities for work from home with flexible working hours, mothers would be able to spend more quality time at home.

I would like to conclude my thoughts with a beautiful quote “Family is the gift that lasts forever”. We are fortunate to have a family which stands with us through thick and thin and we should respect it in every way possible.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: pls rate my essay: It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be

Post by Flick »

ramogi wrote:It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be. Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought closer together

In the past, people in India used to live together in joint families and the family ties were much stronger even though the resources were few. Though, not in every case we see such discrepancies but in general, this trend is changing. Living in nuclear families (which means not living with grandparents) is the new age phenomenon which is increasing day by day in most parts of India.

It is believed that a family that eats together stays together, but considering the fast paced lives we have today, we do not have a lot of time to spend together. The reasons are multiple. The first reason is lack of jobs in our hometowns. It is only the metro cities which offer a wide range of jobs which forces people to move to other cities while grandparents cannot move as well. The second reason is related to work. In most cases today, both partners work to run a household and provide better opportunities for their children which means spending less time with each other in the family which affects the emotional bonding in the family. The third reason is our own high expectations of ourselves in terms of earning more money, having a better lifestyle, exploring the world and peer pressure due to which we push ourselves and spend less time with family. The fourth reason is that we want our own privacy. The fifth reason is traffic. If you are living in a metro city, you need to commute for more than 2 hours a day to reach your respective office or home, further adding to the number of hours spent outside home.

Family is the most important part of a person’s life; they are the first ones to love you, support you and guide you in every area of life. Once we understand this aspect of family, other things can be taken care of. However far off we stay from family for whatever reasons, if we understand this, the emotional ties will never die.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) Secondly, if better jobs and better facilities are created within one’s own hometown, fewer people would be forced to relocate. Third, if there are more opportunities for working from home with flexible working hours, mothers would be able to spend more quality time at home.

I would like to conclude my thoughts with a quote: “Family is the gift that lasts forever.” We are fortunate to have a family which stands with us through thick and thin and we should respect it in every way possible.
ramogi

Re: pls rate my essay: It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be

Post by ramogi »

thank u so much :)