pls rate the letter: You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ramogi

pls rate the letter: You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger

Post by ramogi »

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.

Write a letter to your local newspaper, In your letter:
1. Explain where you live
2. Describe the problem
3. Give reasons why you do not want this development

Dear Sir/Madam
I am a regular reader of Hindustan Times newspaper and I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction on proposal of making Chandigarh airport bigger. Though, expanding the area of the airport and increasing the number of flights is a good news for travellers but it is problematic for people staying nearby. I stay with my family in Fern Residency, which is just 10 minutes drive from the airport. It is a developing area and lots of societies are being constructed here.
Since the airport started its operations in Chandigarh, there has been a huge noise pollution in the area due to unreasonable timings of flight arrivals and departures. At present, the airport has approximately 26 flights which is enough to disturb our sleep at night. It becomes difficult for children to study and elderly get disturbed. Additionally, we have a hospital nearby and patients complain of the disturbance caused by noise.
Expanding the airport area would also mean cutting down the area for development of parks, schools spaces and other recreational and important facilities which are required by every person to live a healthy, comfortable and civilized life. It will also add up to air pollution as more flights would mean more traffic of ongoers on the roads. In my opinion, this land can be used for more constructive purposes which will benefit the residents of this area.
I hope our concerns would be published in the Chandigarh Times and the newspaper would help us in any way possible.

Yours Sincerely,
Rachna
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: pls rate the letter: You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger

Post by Flick »

ramogi wrote:You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.

Write a letter to your local newspaper, In your letter:
1. Explain where you live
2. Describe the problem
3. Give reasons why you do not want this development

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a regular reader of the Hindustan Times and I am writing to express my dissatisfaction on the proposal of making Chandigarh airport bigger.

Though expanding the area of the airport and increasing the number of flights is good news for travellers, it is problematic for people living nearby. I live with my family in Fern Residency, which is just 10 minutes drive from the airport. It is a developing area and lots of societies are being constructed here.

Since the airport started its operations in Chandigarh, there has been a huge increase in noise pollution in the area due to unreasonable timings of flight arrivals and departures. At present, the airport has approximately 26 flights which is enough to disturb our sleep at night. It becomes difficult for children to study and the elderly get disturbed. Additionally, we have a hospital nearby and patients complain of the disturbance caused by noise.

Expanding the airport area would also mean cutting down the area available for the development of parks, schools and other recreational and important facilities which are required by every person to live a healthy, comfortable and civilized life. It will also increase air pollution as more flights would mean more traffic on the roads.

In my opinion, this land can be used for more constructive purposes which will benefit the residents of this area.
I hope our concerns would be published in the Hindustan Times, and the newspaper would help us in any way possible.

Yours Sincerely,
Rachna