can anyone please check my writing tasks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rsvnyn

can anyone please check my writing tasks

Post by rsvnyn »

Writing task 1

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The chart below shows the number of men and women in further education in Britain in three periods and whether they were studying fulltime or part-time.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and
make comparisons where relevant.

The above chart depicts an overall picture of men and women who have done full-time or part-time further education in Britain during the years 1970 till 1990.
If we consider the male full-time education, from 1970s to 1990s, the numbers had been increasing every decade by 20000 to 120000. In case of part-time education, the number of men is actually fluctuating between the decades, first it had an enormous number of 1000000 but as we further look at the following years, it shows that the numbers have decreased and then increased to a certain extent in the last decade.
On the other hand, if we consider the female full-time education, the numbers have abruptly increased in the first decade from 50000 to 220000, and in the following decade, only slight increase have been observed. Now, with female part-time education, again it is an increasing figure every decade, with considerably high increase in the last decade.
On the whole the female doing further education is increasing every decade regardless of part-time or full-time whereas with male only with full-time education, the numbers have increased every year.

Writing task 2

Write about the following topic.
The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be as many as 29 million vehicles on British roads.
Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The extent of car usage has obviously increased from the past which can never be refused. The use of personal vehicles is much of a need than a luxury, which was the picture in the past.
From the above statement, if in around 112 years, if there is this much increase then it is really horrible to figure out further increase in the following years to come. This increase in the number of cars would lead to a greater level of problems like traffic congestion, pollution, demand in petrol or diesel prices and parking problems. But, the comfort with cars is we can reach any place in any time with no hassles.
Alternative forms of transports would certainly be a good solution to the above situations. If a law is introduced to control car ownership it would automatically make way for people to use alternative forms of transportation thus eliminating the unwanted consequences of excessive number of car usage.
I certainly agree with the given statement of introducing a law to control car ownership and encouraging the use of alternative transports. Unless there are sufficient and endless amount of alternative transports such as trains, trams, metros, available to public connecting not only the cities but also outer suburbs to cities for the people to travel for work or holidays. It should be made sure that these laws should prove to ensure people to think that alternative transports are a better replacement to their cars.
murad agayev

Re: can anyone please check my writing tasks

Post by murad agayev »

Hi, I need the list of independent topics for writing exam. is there anyone who can post that list?
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: can anyone please check my writing tasks

Post by Flick »

rsvnyn wrote: Writing task 2

Write about the following topic.
The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be as many as 29 million vehicles on British roads.
Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The extent of car usage has obviously increased since the first car appeared on British roads. The use of personal vehicles is more a need than a luxury, which was the case in the past.

From the above statement, if in around 112 years, if there is this much increase then it is really horrible to figure out further increase in the following years to come.(<--Reword to: "The increase from 1 car to 29 million in only 112 years suggests we will soon be facing many problems." This increase in the number of cars could lead to traffic congestion, pollution, demand in petrol or diesel prices and parking problems. But, the comfort with cars is we can reach any place in any time with no hassles.(<--Reword to: "However, the advantage of cars is the freedom they give us. People are unlikely to be willing to give up this freedom.")

Alternative forms of transport would certainly be a good solution to the above situations. If a law is introduced to control car ownership, it would automatically encourage people to use alternative forms of transportation thus eliminating the unwanted consequences of excessive amounts of car usage.

I certainly agree with the idea of introducing a law to control car ownership and encouraging the use of alternative transport. There needs to be sufficient options of alternative transport such as trains, trams, metros, etc, available to the public, connecting not only the cities but also outer suburbs to cities for the people to travel for work or holidays. It should be ensured that these laws encourage people to consider alternative transportis a suitable replacement for their cars.
I cannot comment on writing task 1 because I cannot see the chart.